Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering, what subjects are you all doing?

Options
2»

Comments

how do you know 17%? How many's in your class? there were 12?? people sitting it last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

how do you know 17%?
    It's a ballpark figure our teacher told us once. Trust me, he's not the kind of person who would get this kind of thing wrong.
    How many's in your class? there were 12??
    Look up. There you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

*Angel* wrote:
    Japanese sounds cool, apparently I have to take french for my course next year, ah well.... :rolleyes:

Take it as an extra subject. I did, and now I'm doing it full-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm doing it as a module in 3rd year science in UCD, and I'd love to keep it up (actually more than I'd like to keep up my degree subject :o). I'm planning on applying to the JET programme at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Maths (H)
    English (H)
    German (H)
    Chemistry (H)
    History (H)
    Geography (H)
    Irish (O)

dropped physics in october, so many people here do 8 subjects i was wrecked when i was doing that, and people who have like 8 honours why??
    There are easier waysn of getting inot the papers than getting 8 H A1s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

I was doing 9 Higher untill the end of 5th year when I dropped Geography. I do 8 Higher because I need a C3 in Higher Math for college courses but will probably not be one of my top 6. Also do Higher English which will not be in my top 6 and was told by guidance councellor that Pass english would look bad on any form of c.v.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I was doin 8 honours at the start cuz my school makes everyone do it; and then when it came to the start of 6th year (decision time basically!) I didn't know what to drop cuz I wouldn't do pass english irish or maths cuz i love languages and have a good chance of doing well in maths; also of my choice subjects; I liked all of them except geography (meh) but I can get points in it so..........stuck with 8! Plus I'm doing well in all of them (minus a couple of slips!) so I suppose I'm just one of those "always have a back-up back-up plan". I should have joined the scouts..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

English (H)
    Irish (H)
    Maths (O)
    German (H)
    Biology (H)
    Home Ec (H)
    Business (H)
    lcvp (C)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Maths [H]
    English [H]
    Irish [H]
    French [H]
    History [H]
    Business [H]
    Applied Maths [H]

There seem to be alot of people doing 8 or more subjects. Is that how it's done in other schools or do alot of people take extra subjects outside? I'm only in 5th year, but in my school doing more than 7 subjects is very rare.

And Applied Maths is the subject of the Gods. We've done 5 of 10 chapters already and it's only January of 5th year - and we've done them properly aswell. If you are able for Honours Maths I would highly recommend anyone taking it on - it's the easiest A1 you're likely to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Currently doing 8 subjects in 5th year,i'll drop one next year.

Ag.Science (H)
    Maths (O)
    Irish (O)
    History (H)
    Business (H)
    English (H)
    Geog (H)
    French (H)

History and English are my fave subjects.Currently keeping a 70 plus average in my difficult Business and English Honours classes which i'm pretty proud of.Agricultural Science isn't that popular here is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

In Order of Preference
    Music (H)
    Physics (H)
    Maths (H)
    German (O)
    Engeneering (H)
    English (O)
    Irish (O)
    Music is the handyist subject for point's by far. 50% practical so if you can sing at all and have a good teacher organising you youll get a B at least in that section. Another 25% composing which is very mechanical, just follow a few rules and you wont go wrong. The rest is Listening which will come to you easily enough if you like music at all. App. Maths looks very complicated from the pappers but 10 chapters is a let off.
    The f*cking Engeneering project is driving me cracked. F*cking Marble. The only reason I picked it was cus I did well in Metal Work in the LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

English (H)
    Irish (H)
    Maths (H)
    French (H)
    Economics (H)
    Biology (H)
    Chemistry (H)
    Applied maths (H)

Does anyone know how many people sit Applied Maths every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

shane0312 wrote:
    Does anyone know how many people sit Applied Maths every year?
    Around 1700 or so this year

Advertisement