Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mountain Dew... buying it in Dublin... where?

• 13-12-2004 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knew anywhere to buy Mountain Dew in Dublin as I had it in America a couple of years ago and just thought about it a few minutes ago. Surely there must be somewhere that it can be bought in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

had the same idea a while back - no-one here has even heard of it!!!!
    yummmmy stuff though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

yumm i LOVE mountain dew!!!!

im pretty sure you can buy it in the spar in ranelagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i was talking to some americans who said its not sold in europe due to ridiculous amounts of chemicals that havent passed eu testing

but they were american so they probably just made it up
    definitley gonna be hard to find here though,
    the big cheese co. probably would have been your best bet but they shut down ages ago.

iirc theres somewhere in stephens green that sells imported american junk food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Few shops in town sell it. Try in around Grafton / George's St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

try a small deli on dame street called Lucky U coadys they had it before
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Chalk wrote:
    i was talking to some americans who said its not sold in europe due to ridiculous amounts of chemicals that havent passed eu testing

but they were american so they probably just made it up
    definitley gonna be hard to find here though,
    the big cheese co. probably would have been your best bet but they shut down ages ago.

iirc theres somewhere in stephens green that sells imported american junk food?
    Jaysus, if they'll try and market Dr Peppers here then I'm sure MD will pass any of these tests. Can't stand the stuff myself. Now Hawaain Punch is the soft drink to die for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

chapter & verse at the bottom of leeson st where it meets st stephens green has it,seen it last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

mountain dew!!!! give me a crab juice any day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I got a can in Donnybrook Fair a while back. Those O2 shops in town do that kinda stuff as well *buys Irn Bru*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

There's a highly expensive Spar in Ballsbridge that does all kinds of American stuff - chocolate and drinks. Beside Crowe's Pub opposite the RDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Murphys on Baggot Street (The part just south of the canal) had it during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Bri wrote:
    There's a highly expensive Spar in Ballsbridge that does all kinds of American stuff - chocolate and drinks. Beside Crowe's Pub opposite the RDS.

I was in there on friday - they don't do any crazy stuff anymore. Not even Irn Bru :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

All those O2 shops in town do Irn Bru, as well as the Spar near the Ilac centre on the way to UGC cinemas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Speaking of american drinks. Everyone seems to love root beer. I can't stand it. It's a foul taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

Blisterman wrote:
    Speaking of american drinks. Everyone seems to love root beer. I can't stand it. It's a foul taste.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it tastes the way deep heat smells.
    Never had mountain dew. Must go on the lookout for it.
    And if anyone is looking for Irn Bru I know Dunnes in the blanchardstown centre have to two litre bottles (I've more than a few of them in the past few months) but I don't know about Dunnes anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

There was a small deli on the square in the middle of temple bar, Nearly right beside the street that Eamonn Dorans is on. I got it there ages ago along with cherry coke, damn expenisive though!

A friend got cherry fanta in one of the foreign food places near the Jervis shopping center. Either the new Chinese food emourium at the luas station or there's another further towards caple street. They might have it for a reasonable price and if not well you can try cherry fanta :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i ADORE irn-bru :D:D:D im seriously addicted to it, that what living in scotland for an extended period of time does to ya :D. Honestly though, you HAVE'NT tasted proper irn-bru until you've tasted the glass bottle variety(only available in scotland unfortunately) it tastes like heaven. BARR(the makers of irn-bru) also make a yummy limeade, which is AMAZING with ice cream!! :D:D:D
    also scottish special fish supper is the most amazing meal in the world!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement