Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

?Free? Web Hosting

Options
  • 13-12-2004 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I stumbled across this:

http://www.free2w.com/.

I wonder what the catch is (besides the facts that it could come crashing down any second and possible uberspam of the supplied email address)

I threw up a generic template for the laugh @ http://impact.free2w.com/, seems to work ok. FTP access n all o_0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JosephF

template looks cool.Professional templates for once that are free.Service looks good.If they send loads of spam email,theres once smart way to get around that just set up an new email account and let them send all there spam to that email address! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

JosephF wrote:
    template looks cool.Professional templates for once that are free.Service looks good.If they send loads of spam email,theres once smart way to get around that just set up an new email account and let them send all there spam to that email address! :)

that's what my yahoo account is for ;) which btw would not seem to have spammed, yet.

Also, the template was downloaded from www.freewebtemplates.com a good while ago, just one i had lying around on the pc...

I went onto it, much obliged! I was searching for a good cheap service - but then again I found one flaw. I've set up a flash template on the site. You're given access to the www/ files, but it won't access the www/txt files needed for the site to run. I then went into it directly and it said "Directory Listing Denied - This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

So it is one small catch. Great for those with small websites though.

Oh, and anyone know what you can use that's free to change the code on a flash file? (apart from notepad or anything too obvious - I tried that, and didn't work, surprise surprise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

What is this word free. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Ace_Rimmer wrote:
    Oh, and anyone know what you can use that's free to change the code on a flash file? (apart from notepad or anything too obvious - I tried that, and didn't work, surprise surprise)

A 30 day trial version of flash mx.

• Advertisement
Advertisement