Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Operation Free Flow!? More like Operation GO SLOW!!!

Options
  • 13-12-2004 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the story with O.F.F.!??! Every morning I'm stuck in traffic for ages because people are afriad to go over 10mph cos theres some cops hanging around at street corners!? And what exactly are they doing - are they there for effect or are they looking out for peeps on mobiles/driving like gobsheens!? I dunno... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yea I've only seen the gards get involved in the traffic once since the whole thing started. The rest are just standing there, could'nt blaim them though, most of them are told to stand at a junction were they cant do anything. And yes I notice everyone slows down and there's no amber gamblers either

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

... and when they do actually try and direct traffic they just stand there like demented daleks waving their arms in seemingly random movements, that we the motorists are supposed to be able to decode, and when we get it wrong they give out to us as if it's our fault.

When I took my driving test in the UK back in the days when dinosaurs still walked the earth and they still taught hand signals, we were also taught the, limited and well defined, set of signals the police use to direct traffic ... I can only assume the Gardai aren't taught how to do this properly and are left to make it up as they go along.

Advertisement