Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins Rarities wanted

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

I remember seeing something like that around, i forget where. I have a few mp3s of smashing pumpkins with pearl jam tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Whats Billy up to nowadays ? He releasing any material ? What about the rest of the band ?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

the are supposed to be releasing a load of greatest hits stuff,cds and dvds as far as i know.
    dunno what billy is up to.

Apparently, billy's touring with some band, forget their name.. You can find out from somewhere like starla.org . The band's going to be releasing some unreleased stuff aswell as a DVD of *all* their music videos.... Cannot wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

afair billy joined new order

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Just a touring guitarist with New Order.
    Think he guests on one song from their new album too.

Basically he's whoring himself around these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Did anyone see the Pumpkins when they played the SFX back in the summer of '95?
    They were supported by Ash one night and Whipping Boy the other.

Wish I coulda gone but I had no money and my parents wouldn't give me any. Damn, damn, damn. Would've been great to see them in such a small venue.

**** sympathy! I don't need your ****in' sympathy, man, I need my ****ing johnson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭-Serpico-

Yeah, saw the Pumpkins play with Whipping Boy... Whipping Boy owned.

Serp

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Serpico-:
    Yeah, saw the Pumpkins play with Whipping Boy... Whipping Boy owned.

Serp
    </font>

Yeah, i've got heartworm, do they have any other albums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Billy Corgan is touring with New Order.
    James Iha is going solo. His solo album is very very good.
    Darcy is trying to become an actor(i am serious)
    and poor old Jimmy is probably selling drugs to the people that toured with them smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by D-Generate:
    Billy Corgan is touring with New Order.
    James Iha is going solo. His solo album is very very good.
    Darcy is trying to become an actor(i am serious)
    and poor old Jimmy is probably selling drugs to the people that toured with them smile.gif
    </font>

Well, I remember talking to a friend a while after the band split up, he told me about the whole darcy becoming an actress thing, but she was found with a load of cocain in her boot when she was pulled over, so that's the end of that career. That was actually just after she left the band, before machina.

Poor Jimmy.. one of the best drummers i've ever heard, if not *the* best.. what a waste. frown.gif

I can't imagine offers to guest in/join bands being in short supply for Jimmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

Amazing! i thought i was the only one who liked the pumpkins smile.gif
    got the best bootleg video in dublin recently, contains a '94 Germany gig, a Dave Fanning interview and profile and an MTV live concert.

Can any one tell me:
    -about the Zero EP and if it's any good?
    -about the Aeroplane Flies High box set, where to get it, and if its any good?

Durty auld MORRIS drums...
    they're fu*kin' great!!

the zero ep is very good actually.
    i give it 4 gold stars!
    the aeroplane flies high,well i havent seen it around in a while,it was a limited edition but i did get the aeroplane flies lower boxset which isnt have as snazzy.

the Zero EP is great, especially "God", "Mouths of Babes" and "Pastachio Medley" ("Do the rubber man..."). Well worth the £10 i paid for it. :]

The only place I ever saw TAFH boxset in Dublin was in Tower Records, but that was about 2 years ago. :[

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by boddah:
    Amazing! i thought i was the only one who liked the pumpkins smile.gif
    got the best bootleg video in dublin recently, contains a '94 Germany gig, a Dave Fanning interview and profile and an MTV live concert.

Can any one tell me:
    -about the Zero EP and if it's any good?
    -about the Aeroplane Flies High box set, where to get it, and if its any good?

</font>

Zero EP is bloody brilliant, the only song on it (out of 7, one of which, my favourite, is around 20 minutes long) I don't like is "god", but it's still bearable. TAFH is alright... The tonight tonight single didn't strike me as being brilliant when i was listening to it, and neither does the 33 single. The Bullet with butterfly wings single has a very nice b-side, "said softly", i think it's called. The 1979 single is also brilliant.

Omg no. The "Tonight Tonight" single has some of the Pumpkins best songs ever! (The 7-track version).

"Medellia of the Gray Skies" anyone?!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PiE:
    Omg no. The "Tonight Tonight" single has some of the Pumpkins best songs ever! (The 7-track version).

"Medellia of the Gray Skies" anyone?!

</font>
    Want to give me a loan of it perhaps? smile.gif

And a quick correction, i called the BWBW b-side "Said softly" in a previous post.. It's actually called "said sadly". I always make the mistake....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Well after searching around a bit I came across The Aeroplane Flies High boxset for sale on www.towerrecords.co.uk It works out to be about £45IRE which as far as i know is still cheaper than if you were to buy it in the shops.

wow thats a really good price..if i only had £45. maybe for christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

That archive in .nl has a fast connection when its up. Downloading at 500k/s , sweet.

You would rather have a Lexus, some justice, a dream or some substance?
    A Beamer, a necklace or freedom?

| Dead Prez - Hip Hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Were the SP in any sideprojects ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

All i wanna say is that in my opinion mellon collie is the best one i've heard.
    I have Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, Adore, and Machina on mp3. i got them of someones hardrive at the galway lan! and also an mp3 of zero live (god knows where though}

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Billy sings a song on the new New Order album

That^ and..

James Iha's solo album "Let it Come Down".

If you search kazaa you'll find a lot of live recordings with other bands, i.e. "I've Got A Feeling" with Pearl Jam.

Theres the Batman Forever theme too, "The End is the Beginning is the End".

Also, Billy did parts of the music in the movie "Ransom" (the heavy metal in the room the kid(?) was being kept)

...If you count those as sideprojects.

Can't think of anything else...

[Edit]

Billy also did the Stigmata soundtrack and wrote most of Holes last album.

Oh and they used to always playing with "The Frogs". :]

[/Edit]

[Edit 2]

http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html

There's a full list of sideprojects each member has been in at the very bottom.

[/Edit 2]

[This message has been edited by PiE (edited 02-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by PiE (edited 02-09-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Obleroza

perhaps not the rarity you were looking for but here are the pumpkins from 2000 in the Olympia apologising in advance to the world in case George Bush gets into office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I've got The Future Embrace on CD, but some bloke from Illinois scribbled all over the cover of it. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
Advertisement