Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cleaning up avi

• 13-12-2004 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have a short vid that I would like to get a good still image from. Does anybody know any tricks for cleaning up video. Unfortunately its from a vhs tape it was shot at 4 am and a street light kind of dominates the subject. Also it was shot from a small poor quality cctv type camera so you can imagine how bad it is. I know I won't get a perfect picture but I would like to get as good a still as possible. I have Adobe Premiere 6.5.
    The subject is a guy who ripped the mirror of a mates car, all caught on camera but like I say not much hope of getting a good picture.
    I know this all a bit "CSI" but the guards just aren't bothered. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

You could try tweeking contrast, saturation, brightness, shapness via Premiere filters and see what the results are like but you'll never be able to add more detail that was never there in the original capture video.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

thanks drive3331
    I used virtualdub in the end. Experimented with a few filters which did clean it up a small bit. I didn't realise vd was able to do this. the results were surprisingly good, made the the subject slightly more recognisable. Anyway the result is we have a name and i'm sure prosecutions will follow.
    thanks.

Advertisement