Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from FS forum

Options
  • 13-12-2004 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Blade has just banned me from the FS forum because he doesn't like my "type".

Could one of the more mature mods please explain to me why this has happened as i don't think one instance of off thread dealing warrants a complete banning.

Thanks
    ED
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Linkage to the offending thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

I'd love to but I can't access the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209563

pretty clear cut if you ask me......V10 offered you asking price so But and yourself were pm off thread and you got 200 smackers for it!!!! i think But should be banned also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just found it myself. I'm not a mod, but I'm inclined to agree with Blade on that decision

First mistake: Asking more than retail price

Second Mistake: Insulting people who pointed out previous

Third mistake: Contradicting yourself after realizing your **** up in point one

Fourth mistake: Ignoring v10, who offered you the most anyone should offer

Fifth mistake: Selling via PM

Sixth Mistake: Lying about why it was withdrawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

mad m wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209563

pretty clear cut if you ask me......V10 offered you asking price so But and yourself were pm off thread and you got 200 smackers for it!!!! i think But should be banned also
    v10 offered 99 cent less that the asking price, and there was a stipulation of 'in excess', 'but' was the only person who bid according to what was set out, it is a pitty ED had to lie about it and 'but' didn't post the offer on thread in the first place. I've seen many auctions take place on boards, dispite the no-auctions rule so even if 99 cent short is 'asking price', had the 200 offer been on thread I doubt anything would have happened. Off thread dealing is one of the few rules that is enforced.

You should have just asked politely for the ban duration and sat it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

You were trying to make a quick buck, and thats not nice. Commercial selling (IE for profit) isn't allowed. If someone offers the asking price you should sell it to that person. An auction isn't allowed either. Neither is dealing by PM. Thus you are breaking several of the rules. Not to mention your messing about on the thread.

If you can't be bothered to read the rules, break a few of them, then start calling mods immature, its really a no brainer that you were banned. Besides it was all a bit suspect from the start.

It didn't take long for all the wanna-be "mods" to show there ugly heads and start quoting from the rule book.

It seems that the rules are only applied to the Newbie's here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

ED-209 wrote:
    It didn't take long for all the wanna-be "mods" to show there ugly heads and start quoting from the rule book.

your a muppet. take your ban and be happy its not a total boards.ie banning.
    you tried to shaft people just so you could make a quick profit
    now go on off to buyandsell.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

ED-209 wrote:
    It takes even less time to read the fusking charter and then do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I guess you just don't know when to STFU. Dig yourself in deeper why don't you? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

kleefarr wrote:
    I guess you just don't know when to STFU. Dig yourself in deeper why don't you? :rolleyes:

I thought since I was banned from FS I might as well go the whole hog !!!

/* now where did I put that shovel

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Damn, someone finally figured out the super-secret-cunning-plan!

Blades right. Wrong type for boards, But anywhere on the boards. Ban his ungrateful and rude ass.
    ED-209 wrote:

Only the really lazy and really stupid ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You posted a thread selling a Slim PS2, and wanted offers exceeding the asking price.
    People who posted were right to say you'd be ripping someone off. You then slagged these people off. That's rule breaking right there. Then when someone offers you ignore this offer, and accept and offer off-thread and never post about it. That's another rule.

The ban was deserved. Now stop being an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ED-209 wrote:

he who is afraid of answers, should not ask questions confusious says

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

muppet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

ED-209 wrote:
    I can feel the tears welling up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

What a crap bandit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

ah no another muppet gets banned!!! when will they ever learn, dont fúck with the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Justified ban...

You should have went to ebay with your nice shiny new present that was bought for you for no particular reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

ED-209 wrote:
    Perhaps that's cos most of the Non-Newbie's aren't stupid enough to do what you did...

Any other sh!t-merchants want to have their 2c's while the going's good ??

BTW I've been around alot longer than most of you muppets. ;)

ED-209 wrote:
    Any other sh!t-merchants want to have their 2c's while the going's good ??

BTW I've been around alot longer than most of you muppets. ;)

..and learnt nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

ED-209 wrote:
    BTW I've been around alot longer than most of you muppets.

You've returned from the place of the banned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah another name added to the list ;)

It seems that when something is offered for sale to the people of Boards.ie they take exception to the seller if they don't want to give it away for nothing.

The "i want that for nothing" culture on boards.ie is alive and well.

This was a legit sale. As I said in the post my mother bought it for me for Christmas and I didn't want it. WHAT'S THE BIG MISTERY.

They only thing I'm guilty of here is off thread dealing and that's only because i was sick of the muppets that were accusing me of all sorts on the thread.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Methinks thou doth protest too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You broke a heap of rules in that thread. You're a scalping, ignorant individual and by the way, if you think there's such a
    "i want that for nothing" culture on boards.ie
    why do you think so many of us are subscribers? Which, by the way I notice you're not yourself...

Sleepy wrote:
    why do you think so many of us are subscribers? Which, by the way I notice you're not yourself...

And do you think that makes you better than everyone else ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ED-209 wrote:
    They only thing I'm guilty of here is off thread dealing
    Fine, you admit it. So shut up.

Advertisement