Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a great week for me!

Options
  • 03-09-2001 1:34pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With last weeks release of Slipknot's "Iowa" and today's release of System of a Down's "Toxicity" I'm a happy bunny!

This weekend for me was spent listening to Iowa and analysing it - they've changed.
    A real Slayer feel about them now - it's not bad, but it's loaned itself to a sometimes repeatitive album (with the notable exception of that song in the middle who's name eludes me right now - you'll know the one I mean). However, it's not a bad second album. I believe a lot of the stuff is from their earlier days when they were minus a DJ and FX guy - it shows as it's such a guitar oriented album. There was a lot of hype surrounding this album and it's suffered a little from this I think.

I'm currently listening to System of a Down's Toxicity and shall have a better idea in a couple of days - impressed so far. I listened to Prison Song all weekend - track one on the album and was also included in Metal Hammer's CD (I think). Mental!
    My mates were at Reading and said that the new stuff rules, and from what I'm hearing at the moment, they may be right.
    Loads of energy and a general bertie feeling from listening to them banging the stuff out!

Get them both.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

Advertisement