Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to live in Dublin?

Options
  • 14-12-2004 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm going moving to Dublin in Jan and was wondering where people think to best place to live is if your a young poor professional working near Stephen's Green?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jackeen1

Ranelagh is by far the best. Near everything & Luas to city centre. Great places to eat. On the negative side, rents on the high side, but savings on taxi fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Find somewhere between the Stillorgan Road (lots of busses) and Terneure Road (lots of busses). Balance the cost of travel (daytime and taxis) against the cost of rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dooid

Wherever you go, make sure you are on either the DART or LUAS lines. The students tend to go for Ranelagh or Rathmines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 [SaB] Larsson

Jackeen1 wrote:
    Ranelagh is by far the best. Near everything & Luas to city centre. Great places to eat. On the negative side, rents on the high side, but savings on taxi fares.

I live there myself, some knacker wannabe's around though, Clonskeagh (not too populated) or Stillorgan. Again, a few knacks in Rathmines. I doubt there is much places for student renting in Clonskeagh though. Try Stillorgan (Although there is a LUAS, it'll probably be atleast a 10 min walk), or Donnybrook.

Good luck with the moving man,
    Jonny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Rathfarnham... Cant go Wrong! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Leopardstown is LUAS and Stillorgan bus route adjacent.
    Always note a higher rent may save you in travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slycat

How bout finding a place? There are 3 of us who want to share. Iv tried daft but haven't had much luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

or Donnybrook.
    yeah move there! :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

killiney is quite nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I live there myself, some knacker wannabe's around though, Clonskeagh (not too populated) or Stillorgan. Again, a few knacks in Rathmines. I doubt there is much places for student renting in Clonskeagh though. Try Stillorgan (Although there is a LUAS, it'll probably be atleast a 10 min walk), or Donnybrook.

Good luck with the moving man,
    Jonny.

Yeah Ranelagh for me too !!!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement