Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English DVD Recorders in Ireland

Options
  • 14-12-2004 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was considering getting a DVD recorder, however I've been told that English DVD recorders can't tune to our TV's, though they didn't know if that applied to Sky or not.

So does anyone know if you can use an English DVD recorder to record Sky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

In Ireland we require a uhf and vhf tuner to pick up the normal NTL provided channels BBC ch4 sky rte ECT .English spec DVD recorders will only have a vhf tuner in them and therefore won’t allow you to tune in the majority of the channels broadcasted on the uhf band. however all the DVD recorders I presume will have a scart (av) connection on them which will allow the sky or ntl digi box to be connected to them however this will mean in essence that you will have to watch what you are recording i.e. you wont be able to switch the channel over on the digibox

• Registered Users Posts: 7 slayer9603

Ok, thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

i think i got my u's and my v's mixed
    English spec DVD recorders will only have a vhf tuner in them and therefore won’t allow you to tune in the majority of the channels broadcasted on the uhf band

english models will only have a uhf tuner and the majority of the channels broadcasted are on the vhf band

Advertisement