Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHOA!!! Class ****ing drum solo! You MUST hear this...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Nice, very nice, speed stuff, the ability of a drummer to use simple rhythm 'tricks' with a double bass drum/pedal (or combination of both!) is astounding.

Download 'Safe' from here and see what my mate can do with a standard setup. It's a full song, so it's not a solo exactly, but listen to him in particular, lots of style and technique worked into the song flawlessly.

Lucutus

You don't like Buddy Rich, do you?

*shakes head*

It's just a demo of some lads, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I do like Buddy Rich! Sorry, I'm not ripping the p1ss out of the band or anything, just not my style of music. I'd like to hear more though... you can't condemn a band/musician on one hearing!

Fink

The first drum solo there is pretty impressive...I wonder how well the drummer is just playing normal grooves... the second one there... well, sorry, but the drumming nor the song impress me... but that's just my taste as a drummer. I actually don't think there's any great style there.. and the timing seems a very slight bit dodgy... what's the bands name? Web-page?

Do you know who the first drummer is... sounds very Lars Ulrich!!?

Sorry, found out first drummer.... nuts!

Fink

[This message has been edited by Dr. Loon (edited 29-08-2001).]

Ah, well, there's three songs online, around 3 years old (maybe more?) wow...

anyway, you can find the other two here

It's not really everyone's taste, I agree, but it's good stuff, try the others, I like them better than 'Safe', but then, they don't show off the drummer as well. (More the singer).

Luc

• Advertisement

Cool, nice1, I'll check them out. I don't know if I posted this up here before, but if anyone is interested check out my band(I'm the drummer!) and tell me what you think... it'd be appreciated. They are all old recordings, but they're okay.

http://www.thejiveprinciple.com

Checked out the other 2 tunes... they're not bad at all.. singer's got a pretty decent voice.

Fink

[This message has been edited by Dr. Loon (edited 30-08-2001).]

Cool, had a listen to three tunes from your site...and wow...that reminds me of a certain band from a few years ago.

The three I yoinked were...

Shcalamanga - (Deadly name, btw wink.gif

The Flow

The Principle Tune

Shcalamanga was quite good, got into that one, plyd, The Flow held nothing special apart from old memories of struggling teen angst music, and The Principle Tune, as you say on your site, would be a good tune to finish a gig on, nice groove thru it, prolly nice and loud coming from the stage at the end of a night! Unfortunatly, the singer has a limited range, I mean, you don't see Dave Matthews trying to hit Jeff Buckley notes, do yah? there's a reason for that wink.gif

Overall, I fink, (<-- geddit? heh, I crack me up sometimes), that it's pretty good stuff... is there any of the other tunes on the site that you'd recommend?

Band still goin'? rehearsing, recording? story?

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 02-09-2001).]

Yeah... we're still together, been goin since around 97. We're rehearsing at the moment, and we just finished recording a 6 track E.P recently. We're trying to push that to the right people, and we do have good people on our side.

We're gonna start gigging again soon, we have alot of new tunes on the scene. The recordings on the web-site are all old, we've improved alot since, better songs, and our singer has a far better vocal range now.

We've supported Ocean Colour Scene and Aslan before, whcih was a great buzz. If you were to download any other tunes from the site I'd suggest Mutha Funka, 2001 and Early Warning, but do bare in mind they're older recordings.... but I think you'll get the idea.....

Fink

Cool, I'd love to hear the newer songs too...any plans to throw them up?

Lucutus

Not at the mo... 'cos we're hoping to get signed with the new cd... maybe might stream them, or have a clip of them. We just don't want them all over the place too early ye know?

Hopefully... you might be able to buy it at some stage in shops! Finger's crossed. If we play any gigs I'll post them up here anyway.

Fink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by Lucutus
    Cool, had a listen to three tunes from your site...and wow...that reminds me of a certain band from a few years ago.

The three I yoinked were...

Shcalamanga - (Deadly name, btw wink.gif

The Flow

The Principle Tune

Shcalamanga was quite good, got into that one, plyd, The Flow held nothing special apart from old memories of struggling teen angst music, and The Principle Tune, as you say on your site, would be a good tune to finish a gig on, nice groove thru it, prolly nice and loud coming from the stage at the end of a night! Unfortunatly, the singer has a limited range, I mean, you don't see Dave Matthews trying to hit Jeff Buckley notes, do yah? there's a reason for that wink.gif

Overall, I fink, (<-- geddit? heh, I crack me up sometimes), that it's pretty good stuff... is there any of the other tunes on the site that you'd recommend?

Band still goin'? rehearsing, recording? story?

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 02-09-2001).]

Dave Matthews has quite a good vocal range though..... true most of it on the low gravelly side but if you ever hear the studio version of 'Halloween' you'll hear some vocals not many singers can pull off and the outro to 'Bartender' shows the other end of his scale. Not the best singer in the world but a pretty unique voice that expresses his emotions clearly and I appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Eh that first one was annoying. Double bass, a few downed tuned toms, and some adrenelin. No style just w@nk. Moby dick, not as much w@nk, much more style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What the hell???

A thread of mine from AUGUST OF LAST YEAR!?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wait a second, I never noticed that! WTF?????????

Advertisement