Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news for NTL BB Customers

• 14-12-2004 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

According to a notice in the Irish Times NTL are dropping the price of their 750 and 300k BB packages by €5 from January. However the bad news is the the price of the TV Pacakages are rising.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Do you know if that will apply to customers already signed up to contracts or just for new customers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Great!

So the Broadband service I can't get is now cheaper - because the TV I can get is more expensive!

Uh... hang on :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Fair play to you, Atheist.
    Its people like you that are helping support lower bb prices for other NTL customers!

How much are the channels going up by?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

JackieChan wrote:
    Fair play to you, Atheist.
    Its people like you that are helping support lower bb prices for other NTL customers!
    LOL :D

You have to laugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Does it say anything about their 1.5 package? Also, I wonder if NTL Ireland will go the way of NTL UK, and increase the speed of everything again, 750k = 1.5m and 1.5m = 3m. I remember hearing at least that NTL UK were planning to... or have already done this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

any coverage maps of ntl bb for ireland atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Co33iE wrote:
    any coverage maps of ntl bb for ireland atm?

You can make your own coverage map, just get a map of Dublin and a pink marker pen (not too thick). Find the middle of tallaght and place a pink spot. Presto, an NTL coverage map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

Not sure if you missed it, but NTL are spreading their BB service currently quite a bit in Dublin.

I am far ways from Tallaght (Leopardstown), and I have it. Have a look at recent NTL Topics, and you will see they they are upgrading loads of areas right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

The 1.5m service is staying the same, the TV prices are rising by €1.50 pm for the basic package, the Go Digital package is falling by €2 pm, MMDS basic up 45c pm and MMDS digital choice up €2pm

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what i can't understand is how a country of 60million approx. (england) can upgrade their products and stay the same price.

but a country with 4 million (ireland/half the population of england's capital) have slow speeds compared to english speeds consider they are both the same company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

ntl offer the same internet services for the same price (actually, marginally cheaper in ireland because of exchange rates) in the UK and Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Cremo wrote:
    what i can't understand is how a country of 60million approx. (england) can upgrade their products and stay the same price.

but a country with 4 million (ireland/half the population of england's capital) have slow speeds compared to english speeds consider they are both the same company

We are the same speed as the uk! Also the upgrades that the UK get after the winter might happen here as well. The last upgrade they got we got the same, so fingers crossed. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

how many years till waterford have ntl??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mayordenis wrote:

Well they have just signed deals with the ESB to extend to Galway and Cork so you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

dub45 wrote:
    Well they have just signed deals with the ESB to extend to Galway and Cork so you never know!

Errrr....Cork?? I doubt it...Galway & Waterford would be more likely :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

crawler wrote:
    Errrr....Cork?? I doubt it...Galway & Waterford would be more likely :)

You are correct apologies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

mayordenis wrote:

according to this thread it should be early 2005 - poss as early as Feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

dsab wrote:
    Not sure if you missed it, but NTL are spreading their BB service currently quite a bit in Dublin.

I am far ways from Tallaght (Leopardstown), and I have it. Have a look at recent NTL Topics, and you will see they they are upgrading loads of areas right now.

Yes, they definitely seem to be expanding in Dublin. My brother got a call from NTL last week offering him cable broadband and he lives in Drimnagh, Dublin 12

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

stiofanD wrote:
    Yes, they definitely seem to be expanding in Dublin. My brother got a call from NTL last week offering him cable broadband and he lives in Drimnagh, Dublin 12

I live in Dublin 12(Walkinstown) and have NTL broadband for a few years now.

Advertisement