Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype compatable USB telephone

Options
  • 14-12-2004 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads

I am looking for advice on a USB telephone handset or Wireless telephone for use with Internet telephoney services such as skype.

Siemens are selling a wirelles adapter to turn some of their DECT telephones into VoIP phones, see here.

Skype then sell this.
    A handset that is pluged directly into your PC.

Has any one seen any other products or used the ones i mentioned.

Any info would be welcome.

Thank you,
    Eóin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

RE: www.voipvoice.com Cyberphone K

Workmate picked one up in duty free and is happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Maplins (Dublin & Galway) sell the skype phone (cyberphone k). It works fine with most voip services. Price - €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ive used the skype phone. hugh improvenment over taking into a mic. no feedback noise like speaker. very good. recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

can this phone be used without using the computer directly or is it just a fancy mic ?!? my mam uses voip for calling her sis abroad but can only use it when i set it up for her, if i get one of these can she just tap in the number on the handset and hit ring or something and it will do the rest for her ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

i got one of these as a present for someone and it works straight out of the box in Windows XP - just plug into the USB port and away you go!

works great but haven't tried the number dialing feature yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

if i get one of these can she just tap in the number on the handset and hit ring or something and it will do the rest for her ?!?

Yes - so long as the voip service you are using is running at the time.

Advertisement