Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

and it begins

• 14-12-2004 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

the count down to xmas

what haven't you got yet you've got

10 days left

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I haven't bought a single present yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Every time I see that Baileys on telly I want a glass of Baileys.. so I've to get a bottle of that.

I also need to get the Christmas Crackers in..

Finished all my pressie shopping though :D

Kev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

GREAT!
    10 days to go to Christmas Day, but better still I'm off on me holidays on Friday - so THREE DAYS TO GO!
    WOOHOO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I havn't bought one present yet. Stupid lack of money. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I cannot wait! I love Christmas, love love love it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Baileys killed my old powerbook last year... I'll never forgive it...

I haven't bought a thing yet though, just don't have time to get into town... I may be in exile on Chirstmas day so it may not matter all that much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

bah humbug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

I think December 24th panick buying is on the cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Buy all your presents in September like I did.
    End of season reduced prices... no crowds... more money to spend at christmas.
    /me gloats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Trigger! wrote:
    I think December 24th panick buying is on the cards!
    I had great fun on Christmas Eve last year trying to buy gift vouchers in Roches Stores. Each counter I would go to would send me to the next counter untill I was back at the first counter I had gone to. I went through about 5 different counters. I had to give up and try Arnots. I went to the main counter and they told me to go to the counter by the escalator, then when I get there they tell me to go to the other escalator... and finally I was able to get the gift vouchers. Quite an ordeal... I can't wait to do it all again this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Finished and wrapped it all last weekend. Thank ****.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Sarky wrote:
    I haven't bought a single present yet.

There's only one day for buying presents - the Eve of the Silly Day When Pubs Are Closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I still got about half my shopping left to do. I'm going to town tomorrow to get it all done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I bought my little bro's a remote control airplane (I'm living my xmas's through them now) cept I couldn't help myself and took it out the other day while they weren't around... It possibly wasnt a good idea given that its nigh on impossible to fly and its full of dents seeing as I crashed it more often than not.... will have to go buy em something new now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I only finish work on the 22nd... then I fly back to Ireland on the 23rd, drive to Kilkenny on the 24th :(

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

absolutly nothing got along with the fact that i have no money there could be trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm going back to Ireland on Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Buy all your presents in September like I did.
    End of season reduced prices... no crowds... more money to spend at christmas.
    /me gloats :D
    That's right rub it in rolleyes.gif

As do I, I spent my well earned money buying early... Got paid Today!! Wh00t £1500 and I go home in a week for the rest of the month.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Argh i gotta get my Boards SS something, send a present to America (gonna cost me quite a bit) and buy presents for two of my friends. Hope to have it all done this Friday, Does anyone know around what time Permanent tsb closes at? The only money I have left is stuck in a bank account there and I have to get it out pretty damn soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

who said 10 days left??!?!?!?!
    10 days me arse

*checks calender*

:eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

eh... DAMN! Everything. I've nothing seriously. Was ment to put money in cred union, wont be happening now. So lazy, could go up now and get presents. Actually. Think i might. hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

ARRGH! I've got nothing yet at all. Going to get out on Saturday in a blind panic and hope I can find nice things for everyone. Know what to get the GF but have the usual "ah sure we don't need anything" thing from the parents. *panic*

Ross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm finished.

It's great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have one thing to get, and I forget what it is and where I have to get it.

next week.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

OH FCK!!
    Christmas is this month!! what!! wtf happened!!

How could it possibly have slipped my mind!!

maybe because I hate christmas and what it NOW stands for...
    going broke to buy presents for everysingle bloody person you know and cramming it all into 1 day from 1 paycheck...

What happened to hanging around and telling stories, laughing and singing...
    I remember when I was young the family got out thier instruments and played music and drank all night, we even went out and played the music at friends houses after a while and danced...I had so much fun on the holidays growing up.

The older generation has since left and much of the talent and passion left with them.

so to answer your question, nope...I havnt bought anything yet and I dont plan to until december 23rd. ;)
    It isnt fun buying presents for people who have lost sight of what the holidays once were and what they should be today but are not anymore.

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BEAT wrote:
    going broke to buy presents for everysingle bloody person you know and cramming it all into 1 day from 1 paycheck...
    You see, this is where everyone gets it wrong.

I get a present for:
    Significant other.
    One sibling (we do a secret santa where everyone spends their entire family present budget on just one family member. Works out much better than buying presents for everyone).

That's it. Occasionally, if someone has particularly deserved it, they'll get something else. My mates get a pint from me down the pub, I get a pint from them, and we're happy with the arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

How many of yee do Kris Kringle with your familys?
    I do as I've got 6 brothers and sisters, so buying 6 crappy presents for them was just a disaster. Now, I just buy one big present to one of them. :)
    However, my wifes family hasn't seen the light yet !!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

the count down to xmas

what haven't you got yet you've got

10 days left

Now its 9 days

• Advertisement

I buy one pressie for my mam, 2 sisters and grandmother, My dad is in Oz so can't get hime a pressie as he's moving around.

4 Presents, not that hard!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I haven't bought one single item yet. Starting to stress me out now cause i should have had it done but put it all on the long finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Well we have had all our shopping done from a couple of weekends ago *Gloats proudly* Most of our shopping was done through ticketmaster.

my parents: Planxty tickets
    my two sisters: Destiny Child tickets
    Fiances nieces and nephews: Tickets for panto (her sisters hate her for this idea makes buying for the kids so easy)
    her parents: money and clothes

Then everyone else like close friends and brother in law and people like that all got dvds/smellies (3 for 2 in Boots cant go wrong)/books

As for the most important gift, for herself well that was a collection of book vouchers/dvds/clothes/lingerie(picked by myself, roll on Christmas night)/smellies and god knows what else I bought her I cant remember. Plus I still have to wrap all her presents... D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

cujimmy wrote:
    Now its 9 days

8 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

o good god
    xmas :eek:
    ill go and get a load of dvds on xmas eve, that'll do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Oops! Haven't even had one idea yet. Very little chance of coming up with an idea, buying and posting it all to Ireland/Canada/Deepest Darkest Africa in the next week.

That tickets thing soudns good, nice and light... but I don't think anyone in my family goes to concerts or anything. In fact they're pretty much strangers to me, I've no idea what any of them likes, nor they I. Can't we CANCEL IT PLEASE!

• Advertisement
Advertisement