Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Clubland CD....WTF???

• 14-12-2004 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭

seriously, a womans heart? raglen(sp?) road?

what rubbish! is this what the irish club scene has come to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nuttzz wrote:
    seriously, a womans heart? raglen(sp?) road?

what rubbish! is this what the irish club scene has come to?

lets not even talk about that album mate,its just pure drivel released so that young kids can go out and waste there money on a disguisting waste of a cd like this,
    now lets never talk about this again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

We've never laughed as much as when the ad for the 1st onen was on tele,
    Don't forget the tastefull cover of Teenage Kicks!

These things sell by the bucketload too!

me and my girlfriend saw the add on tv last week,she pretended to split at the television,in retrospect i dont think i would of minded if she had actually gobbed on my black diamond when teenage kicks came on :cool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's famers dance music plain and simple. There used to be a guy on my bus to college that listened to the first one every morning. I started bringing a cd player just to drown out the ****e he was listening to. Club versions of whiskey in the jar and other ****e that I don't want to remember. Anyone that buys that cd should be shot. I just hope they aren't selling it outside of Ireland. Makes us look like retards.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

God forbid any of us end up in some sh*te club on the Xmas bash over the next few weeks, cos you just know this crap'll be playing and all the 40 yr old office hags will be out dancin' round their handbags to it.
    Drivel...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

its a feckin joke alright what club plays that ****e anyways?I'm suprised people even buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    its a feckin joke alright what club plays that ****e anyways?I'm suprised people even buy it

I'm surprized it was produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm surprised in general. But disgusted at this piece of filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

BloodBath wrote:
    I just hope they aren't selling it outside of Ireland. Makes us look like retards.

Tis **** but think of it as revenge for Scooter and Aqua.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

I agree absolute crap. Tis true though I reckon its a big hit with the farmers and mucksavages out there. I can see it now with their guinness stained Arann jumpers and rubber wellies taking lumps out of each other on the dancefloor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Farmers and mucksavages? I think not - "Seven Drunken Nites" [sic]on the first album was the theme tune for Toyata Starlet Ganzas, Honda Civics and every other knacker car speeding down the dual carriageway. In fact, I think it was released in conjunction with the (now defunct) Hot FM, the Northside Dublin pirate radio station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

theres a scottish clubland out aswell with a dance verison of flower of scotland, not just the irish who make this ****e.

i can see all the knacker kids wanting this for christmas. the ad is priceless, specially the first one with the lads in the studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah, that ad is ripe to have the piss absolutely ripped out of it (in the same way that Father Ted had 'priestchat')

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

haa, the first one with the lads in the studio bopping their heads away is well funny
    the add even looks cheepy made in it was made years ago cause trhe colours are a bit distort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Anto,Deco and tomo done the pulse course and natalie is singing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I am MAN wrote:
    Anto,Deco and tomo done the pulse course and natalie is singing.
    who?

exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

I was sitting in my bedroom listening to sasha and digweeds re-release of their first mix cd, and anyone who has heard it knows it was a landmark in the history of dance music. I walked downstairs and the tv was on and on comes this advert for that ridiculous irish clubland cd. I mean seriously where did they even get the footage for the ad, the dj is wearing shades and looks like he knows as much about dj'ing as I do about clay pigeon shooting. It's embarrassing and the worst thing about it is that there's gonna be a load of nova drivers with 18 inch alloys, big exhausts and half-tint windows blaring this damn thing all winter until 2005's answer to the boys of summer gets produced in the spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I hate everything this album represents. Motherf*ckers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I honestly thought the ad was filmed in The Vortex....

• Advertisement

GaRtH_V wrote:
    I honestly thought the ad was filmed in The Vortex....

more like in a void where no one can hear you scream...

that album is a "wedding dj's" wet dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Belive it or not.................

This stuff makes me reminice of my experiances with euro-billy's. And in fact this tripe is no different to the culchy beat accross europe.

So as best I can tell it comes down to marketing. Take the same dumb beat, and mash it in to local songs to localise your product and widen your market. Kinda like the infomercials.

Tho the scary thing is that I have encountered the people who actually like this ****é. Check out the red square bar on a friday or saterday in galway and check out the dj in a wheelchair.

Cringing guarenteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

kinkstr wrote:
    that album is a "wedding dj's" wet dream

That ad gives me nightmares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Does anyone actually know who is responsible for it?
    eg singers, programers ect.

no, they've been put in a witness protection program type thing

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Pity no one thought to put arsenic inside the CD case, because you know the lowest of the low scumbags are the only ones who'll buy this thing!

you're getting dangerously close to ethnic cleansing there, as a moderator you should be setting a better example for the rest of us ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

John2 wrote:
    you're getting dangerously close to ethnic cleansing there, as a moderator you should be setting a better example for the rest of us ;)

No, as a moderator he should be making sure no-one who actually buys/owns this abomination manages to post here saying that we're all too judgemental about this style of music and that it's a really great listen when you've got a rake of jars down ya... :D

Advertisement