Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLAYER????!!!!

Options
  • 05-09-2001 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

I just came in in the car today and they are putting up posters for a gig on friday??? Thats what it looked like. Can anyone confirm? Is Tattoo the Planet cancelled then? I cant find anything on ticketmaster or anywhere else to confirm anything.

The Internet Makes You Stupid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BBG

I dont know if its this Friday but Slayer are coming soon along with Cradle of Filth and none other than PanterA headlining. Theres a couple other bands playin too but who cares about them??? Tickets available at ticketmaster as far as i know. L8r.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Na you misunderstand. Thats Tattoo the planet. This poster had just SLAYER on it. They were putting them up this morning. I flew by it so didnt get to see it well but it had a date which looked like the 7th. Now its possible its for the new album but AFAIK thats not out until the 11th. But it was all a bit too quick for me to be sure of any details. Wondering if anyone else has seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toast:
    Na you misunderstand. Thats Tattoo the planet. This poster had just SLAYER on it. They were putting them up this morning. I flew by it so didnt get to see it well but it had a date which looked like the 7th. Now its possible its for the new album but AFAIK thats not out until the 11th. But it was all a bit too quick for me to be sure of any details. Wondering if anyone else has seen it.

</font>

bah, who cares. acording to some posts you are only a blow in anyway.
    besides, afaik, its for some sort of tour with pantera and some other crappy bands anyway.
    have slayer actually ever put out a decent album since south of heavan?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    bah, who cares. acording to some posts you are only a blow in anyway.
    </font>

A blow in? Is this some sort of slang for newbie? On the boards yes but only because Ive avoided them as long as possible due to the rumours of constant dick measuring that happens on them. Looks like no one has any actual information here to offer on the topic at hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nucular

Seasons in the Abyss kicked serious ass man.. but to be fair I haven't really liked anything since then except a few songs..

but those sweet sweet riffs.. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

[aul dear voice]Slayer were on last night deary, it's bingo tonight[/aul dear voice]

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    [aul dear voice]Slayer were on last night deary, it's bingo tonight[/aul dear voice]

</font>

WHAT DE F*****

hahaha.
    nah, you obviously havent read the metallica thread about newbies etc. and like i said the posters are for a concert with pantera etc. is that enough info for you. or you could just have a look at one of the posters next time you pass by.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    i said the posters are for a concert with pantera etc. is that enough info for you. or you could just have a look at one of the posters next time you pass by.</font>

Ok we are obviously talking cross purposes. Just to clarify once again Im not talking about the half sheets for tattoo the planet with the earth/needle and the four band names Pantera, Slayer, Cradle Of Filth, Static-x but the large full sheet ones with simply SLAYER in red on them. Is this poster also for tattoo the planet? If so why are Slayer suddenly been given main billing or are Slayer promoting this one seperately themselves ( a bit strange no?). I intend to look closely at the poster in question when I get the chance however I wanted to know anyone had seen the poster I talked about properly and knew what it was for?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toast:
    Ok we are obviously talking cross purposes. Just to clarify once again Im not talking about the half sheets for tattoo the planet with the earth/needle and the four band names Pantera, Slayer, Cradle Of Filth, Static-x but the large full sheet ones with simply SLAYER in red on them. Is this poster also for tattoo the planet? If so why are Slayer suddenly been given main billing or are Slayer promoting this one seperately themselves ( a bit strange no?). I intend to look closely at the poster in question when I get the chance however I wanted to know anyone had seen the poster I talked about properly and knew what it was for?

</font>

how should i know, i live in england and hate slayer smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I don't think it's likely they'll be playin a solo gig that close to tattoo the planet, and it would probably be in the Irish Times ticket if it was.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I saw loads of posters for a Slayer concert while traveling home on the Dart yesterday. I don't think Toast is wrong about this. Then again I detest Slayer so I couldn't care less if they played or not.

Just in case anyone is interested in Mogwai they are playing in the Olympia in early November. Niiiiiiiiiice! smile.gif

AHA! Its not for a concert its for the new album. Apparently released tommorrow. Wierd as their website says the 11th. But these days we seem to get albums earlier than the Americans.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Maybe Slayer want to play a headlining concert along with Tattoo the Planet... I dunno.

PanterA - Strength Beyond Strength
    There is nothing. No education. No family life to open my
    Arms to. You'd say that my job is today, yet gone tomorrow.
    I'll be broke in a gutter.
    I know the opinion. A broken record. Fu(k you and your
    College dream. Fact is, we're stronger than all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

WhiteWashMan -> Seasons was ace and Divine Intervention was fúckin excellent too, it was the closest they're ever going to get to Reign In Blood's aggression again.

Advertisement