Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warhammer 40K RPG - COMS channel

• 14-12-2004 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Rules:

in charachter chat goes on in this thread only anything you say can and will be used against you at the DM's mercy so be warned if you say it here your assumed to have said it "in charachter"

Have Fun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

After the Colonel's voice trails off, a metallic, grating tone blares out.

"Sleep period expired. Pain stimulous to be administered to anyone who's lifesigns display sleep patterns in 30 seconds. Thought for the day: Cleanse the Mutant, Purge the Heretic, kill the Alien."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Bypass the lock? *snicker* I can bypass the lock....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

"The Xenos Filth Will Feel The Emperor's Cleansing Wrath! We Are The Fist Of The Emperor And We Shall Sweep Aside The Abominations That Fester Here! By The Death Of His Enemies Shall We Earn Our Redemption!"

Vollbart, wanna see if you can get this thing open the quiet way? Might be best to stop them damn Xeno's dropping in when they hear my way in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I can't tell if the hangar housing the Glorious has power. The systems between here and there are just too badly damaged. It *may* have power. It may not. If it doesn't, we wont be able to get the Glorious out of here in all likelihood. I've discovered that at the end of this corridor is a junction which we can take to either Main Engineering, or the Power Generators.

I'd reckon a trip to Main Engineering to see what's actually still running on this ship. At least from there we can figure out what needs done fairly quickly. Main Engineering will also have some sort of sensor facilities. We can use the ship's external sensors to sweep the internals if the diagnostics hardware is damaged.

• Advertisement

I dunno, no power could do us more good than harm. If the hanger door doesn't open, then we can open it the non-traditional way, right?

I think we should head to the generators and make damn sure there's no power

You do realise how big the hangar doors are going to be right? These aren't service hatches like the one we barely managed to get open. We're talking big-ass industrial doors designed to withstand the external pressures of orbital entry/exit and the vaccum of space.

Unless you have a war-engine handy, which I strongly doubt, we ain't opening those doors by ourselves ....

I do think as little power as possible, though, is a good thing. We could see if we can limit the flow of power to just what we need. Of course this all depends on how badly damaged the rest of the ships systems are.

Why don't we split two ways? One group to take down as much of the power as we don't need, and one to route what we leave to the hangar. Doubles our chances of getting to the Glorius to boot

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we here to collect a war engine?

Could work, although I'd rather we could secure the power generators first before we secure the hangar. Any enemy that come across the generators are not as likely to take notice at something that's already running as oppose to suddenly just starts up ....

I'd say the group that goes to secure the hangar secure the generators first, if we ar egoing to split up.

And to answer your statement .... if the Glorious were a baneblade, then yes - it woulod be a war engine we are here to get. Since it's not and we're not trained to drive such a blessed incarnation of the machine god's might, that puts paid to that idea

Hey, don't get all ratty on me. I know explosives, not machines. So, plan is: One group secures the generators, then sits tight there while the other group checks everything is all right from engineering. Assuming it is, they secure the hangar, and the first group moves to there. Sound good to everyone?

• Advertisement

"Seriously, someone needs to let me know what in the name of gork is goin' on here! Who are you people and why am I suddenly running away from nuclear explosions?"

Because it's a very bad idea to sit in the path of nuclear explosions. Just what in the eye has gotten into you padre?

"You're hilarious. Padre? oh, the lunatic hasn't told you? How very interesting. I take it you haven't been around him very long then?"

Why do I have the feeling I'm not gonna like this

"It's great fun actually, just so long as you stay on Grakkash's good side.....actually, forget that, I don't think he has one. See, the thing is, when you took Argeus into this little cohort of yours that's not all you got in the package, if you get my drift"

To tell you the truth, I don't. What the feth is going on here?

"Well as I'm sure you've worked out Argeus wouldn't be outta place in a mental asylum. However you may not know that he has just a few more bats in his belfry than your garden variety nut-job. He's got us. Myself and the others live deep down in Argeus' sub-concious or at least as deep as you can get in his mind. I reckon there's about ten of us strong enough to keep a permanent presence but there are hundreds of others that pop-up every now and again. Then everynow and again when Argeus gets stressed out or sleepy enough we can have a little fun out in the open, at least until he manages to crash his way outta the basement, that is."

*long silence*

You have got to be kidding me

"No such luck, I'm Raiden by the way." *extends hand* "Haven't got a ciggy have you?"

Raphael, and no. So, you know how to use that flamer? Otherwise your like an incendiary charge in a forest. Fun, but feth all use

• Advertisement

"I've been around a few in my time, if you know what i mean. They're easy to make and hard to miss with so they show up in the Underhive alot apart from which, I have a habit of waking up with one in my hands. So, what brings good ol' Argeus to.....where-ever the hell this is?"

Our bad luck, I'll wager.

*sigh* "Where are we and what is "Glorious"?"

We're in a crashed vehicle transport, and Glorius is a Chimera we're here to rescue

"We're...."rescusing"...a...tank?"

Yep, apparently it's worth a hell of a lot more than we are. *spits* Gotta love being in the 'chancers

"Did you chancers? As in Last Chancer's? Oh, in the name of the eye! What'd that idiot do to end up here?"

I'm guessing it was one of you. Imperialist nutjobs like Argeus are what the legions love. Then again...

"Now that you mention it there was an interesting incident with a commisar the last time i saw the light of day. Not really my fault though; the bástard shouldn't have been giving me orders, I wasn't one of his grunts. That's beside the point though. I suppose as they've sent the disposable army in there's someone or something here that would rather the tank stayed un-rescued?"

• Advertisement

Tau. And a lot more of them than there are of us. There's some more chancers outside drawing fire though, so that should help out

"eh, Tau?"

Oh, Feth. You really have been in there a while

"Can't have been too long, this body is pretty much the way I left it. Care to bring me up to speed?"

They're not us, and they're flammable. That's about all you need to know

"Right.....how smart are they?"

• Advertisement

Y'know I still haven't found time to sit down and play scrabble with one, so I can't tell you

"how very helpful, how dangerous are they then?"

Look, they've got guns, they don't like us, and there's a lot of them. Any other questions...I really don't care

"um....are they pretty?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Can you guys keep it down a bit. I don't think it would be wise to draw attention at us. Finish your chit-chat after this mission is over.

• Advertisement

"If you insist, so who's going where now?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Now, boys, what do we do? I suggest we head towards the generators and then re-evaluate our situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

All I care is that we get moving finally

Yeah, but like I said, we don't all need to go to the generators. I still say we split up

*quietly* Damn, not good. You guys stay back and get ready, I'll try and deal with them before they can call for help

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sweet throne!! Bloody f@#king ##''''* motherf@~**g xenos filth!!! Throne it hurts!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHH

Why are you whining? Nobody gives a damn about you Arkerius. You are pathetic in their eyes. A weakling. You need me to stay alive. God you're so pathetic!!

Oh god .. how the hell did you get in here? Sneak down on the dropship with us? How do you always manage this you little b*stard. Why can't you just leave me alone!!

Leave you alone? Aha ha ha haha. "oooooo I'm Arkerius and I don't like being bullied" A ha hahahahaa. God you are pathetic!! You little wimp. You're a joke. They all know it. They all see it. Why don't you just give up!!

NO!!!!! Shut up Shut up ShutupShutup SHUT UPPPP!!!

Why is everyone in this mission a lunatic? Dom, grab him and take him with you to engineering. Hopefully he'll gain some sense along the way

What's happened? What's going on?

Follow me Padre, we have to go secure the generators. You haven't missed much, don't worry

The generators? That degenerate didn't do anything too damaging did he?

• Advertisement
Advertisement