Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where's my soundcard/motherboard audio-in connector please?

Options
  • 14-12-2004 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to install a tv card (leadtek tv2000 expert)
    I nee dto connect the audio out to the sound card/motherboard audio-in connector, which should be inside the case (not the regular line-in port on the outside). It's a little flat black rectangular connector. I think it is called a mini DIN cable. I can't see any socket for it.
    The system requirements say I need a 16-bit sound card and microphone (required for video mail)

Belarc advisor describes my sound system as follows:

Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64D
    SB AudioPCI 64D Legacy Device

Do I need a new soundcard, or does anybody know why I can't see the socket if not?
    Could I just get an external cable and connect the external audio out on the tuner card to the external audio in on the sound card?

(Feeling dumb)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Is it an soundcard that's built into the motherboard? there should be a connector on the motherboard somewhere if it is...

You can use an external cable if you want. That's how my external tv tuner works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

yeah it looks like it's built on. Not slotted in or anything anyway. Guess I'll open it up and have another root about :S
    Thanks

I'm sort of assuming that:

It should be somewhere very near the soundcard
    and I shouldn;t have to unplug anything from it.

might either of these be incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It'll most likely be around the area of the pci/agp slots, or just above them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

my guess would be that the audio connector on your soundcard would have a small white plug, like the one the CD ROM drives used, you can get these cables with the different heads at computer stores. might look for one of them

• Advertisement

Removing the cd rom connection revealed it behind the wire. It was bloody awkward to get at, could barely slip my fingers in to plug the two back in! No wonder the Japanese are so good at electronics :)
    Thanks, both of you, for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It would tell you exactly if you read your manual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Dempsey wrote:
    It would tell you exactly if you read your manual
    Too true, LOL :D

Advertisement