Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moding a case

Options
  • 14-12-2004 8:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I am planning on changing a poweredge 4200 case to accommodate a new pc i am building.

i know there are going to be one or two issues as regards placement of slots and stuff, but has anyone here done something like that before and could offer me some advice.
    I am not collecting the case until friday so i don't know what exactly is ahead of me and can't find any great pictures of the inside of the case on the web, but it's something i fancy doing for the laugh so all help would be appricated.

There is two power supplys in the case so ideas for a use for the second one would be nice too. something novel and different.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

are the motherboard power connectors standard ATX Connectors?
    Dell likes to use proprietary connectors an awful lot.
    Also, you're front panel connections might be in the form of a block which is not compatible with your motherboard.

As for the second power supply...water pump? Lighting? built-in coffee machine? He-Man action figure carousel?

Have fun :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

as far as i know the front panal connections are in a block, but some snipping and changing will sort that out. the psu is an atx connector as it's not the origional psu.

water cooling to expensive at the moment, but man a coffe machine would be the dream.

Advertisement