Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Back Hotmail! Allow Gaming!

Options
  • 14-12-2004 8:49pm

Rant rant rant rant

I wouldn't mind if there was a decent webcafe around tallaght, but Atari Expo is THE BLOODY PITS! It's always packed, none of the computers are hassle free and everything here is broken!

Am I the only one who specifically takes the LUAS into town to get some work done on a computer and get emails at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You just don't know where to look :>

We also had a gaming night the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I'd use my own PC at home but the last week i had to do group projects in the place. Its an absolute joke, kicked out of labs constantly, thats if you can get into a free one, and I'm in ****ing fourth year, kicking me out to do some cert course, pfff. 3 working photo copiers for how many thousand students??? Its a shambles. There are only 2 business labs that are constantly full, while there are engineering labs and computing labs remain empty, I mean if i didn't obtain logins for them I'd do my nut in like everyone else. Even with them its a pain. Can only print from certain PC's, USB keys only work on some of them too. Oh and the joys of trying to get your exam results off their website when it buckles, every SINGLE time. You think they'd learn from it, 4 years, and every year its the same.

Blocking of ****ing everything on the net. Tis gas, blocking of other email accounts and then the one they force you to use, is always down. Does it even have a virus scanner? In the last week student in the college got a virus sent to their accounts, which means it probably came from with in the college and some member of staff, good job team!

CAs are a joke, timing of the exams are a crap, number of exams are just wrong, the whole attendance thing is a load of bollix(this year some CAs got marks knocked off due to peoples attendance, I know one guy got 22% knocked off! I mean WTF), also new this year some awarded marks to people who answer questions in class?! **** you, your meant to provide me with information not access mine during the course, certainly not for grading purposes.

Those parking stickers they stick on the window of your car when there are no parking spaces left, great idea, impair my vision! Good to see the security guards are busy. Oh the speed bumps that would rip the under belly from a monster truck, fantastic!

Probably the only college that can't play games in the college as well, the ****ed up part is, if they would let us, they might actually have a winning team at intervarsity level.

Giving the mez over to that catering crowd, Cambells? thats bull**** too, it ****ing closes down and then no seats anywhere.

Non availability of notes for any course other than computing on the net.

No student bar.

Don't worry about sports grounds, they have plans for them, for the last, eh 5 years. It was actually meant to be completed this year. Have they started...nope, haven't done a ****ing thing.

I'm sure if stoped writing this and thought for min, I could probally find more, these are just off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, I got results from my exams in early Augest, needed a 2.00 gpa to get into 4th year, got 2.75 so easily in. It took them till the end of October to offically tell me that I was accepted to the course, naturally I wasn't offically allowed to be in the place till then due to insurance reasons and it was not something that was recomended. Mean while, due to my early attendance despite my lack of knowing if I was on the course, I got marked absent for a course that I was not offically on... eh yet. See what this meant further down. They were kind enough to mass mail loads of students about their attendance aswell. Good job wasting money there.

Not related lated to the college, but while i'm truly ranting here might as well vent it all, I qualify for the grant every year, due to income + distance to the college, this year the only difference is that my sister is now attending 3rd level. They won't be able to tell me if I am getting it till Jan at the earliest because they're under staffed. Yup thats right, I wouldn't get the assistance grant to help me out doing this course is until 3/4 over. I got a form off the college for student hardship, and this is how it is. They want you to provide receipts for things you can't afford, like books and the like. Do they not see the lack of logic behind this. I mean think about it.

The gaming night out in town was a shambles, they didn't have any games installed on the pc's. This would make the 2nd time this has happened, with two different society teams. *shakes fist* better not be another mess up.

My problem is I don't know when to quit :(, get this done then get a good job and joke about it later.

Bit of hostility towards the place, *gasp*
    I get to review the college /give my feedback at the end of next year, wonder what I'll write hmmmm.

'MEOW, that is it, ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

Gideon wrote:
    i feel better.
    are you sure you dont want to go on about the su being a porta cabin? and the pool tables are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Nice one Gideon..
    Its my third year in the college and ive another 4 to go.
    I agree with ya on every single point. I did a cert in computing and labs were hard to get from time to time.. Now im European studies its a nightmare. 201 and 202 always have classes..and then nightclasses too!
    What really pisses me off is the fact that i have to do IT CA's.. Im a computing graduate for **** sake.
    Biggest wreck the head of the year is as follows
    Got a CA to do, in the form of an essay. Due in on a specific date. I do it the night before and into the early hours of the morning.. Its supposed to be 1500 words. I manage 3500. Its a fluid essay from start to finish until i go back and cut it to pieces. Without sleep i make to college for the hand up time. Only 5 students out of about 20 hand up the essay. Then to my shock and horror the Lecutuer decides to postpone the essay handup date for a week and allow the essay quota be as long as you wish or a short as you wish..Once its a good essay. Students were not deducted marks either. I also declined the lecturers offer to redo the essay ..Grrrr! .. Got 81% .. Would have got more !

Also the dumbass's in the register ****ed up big time..
    I applied and qualified for a 3rd year computing place. But then withdrew my application weeks before the start of college. Registered as first year through the CAO etc... Then on the first day of college where you hand all the crap up to the registar office I mentioned my that i withdrew my application from the 3rd year place..They said yeah yeah thats all taken care off. Dumbass's
    I was on the attendance sheet for most 3rd year computing classe's . They rang me to notify me of the commencemant of 3rd year classes.I told them I withdrew etc.. Then a couple of weeks into the course the rang my house "Enquiring what course I choose" . They sounded pissed off on the phone and made it out if was my fault i was registered for 2 courses

• Advertisement
Advertisement