Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E36 M3 & 2005 Motor Tax Rates ?

Options
  • 14-12-2004 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm possibly going to buy a 94 E36 M3 coupe, and was wondering does anyone have an experience with them, they could share with me ? possible things to look out for on one, what is your experience with its MPG, any quirks it has etc.

Also, does anyone know what the Motor Tax Rates for 2005 are going to be ? specificially on a 2990cc car :( , I think at present its 1050 or thereabouts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're in luck, it's €1109 per annum. Had it just 10cc more, it would have set you back €1343

I only know too well :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

www.motortax.ie for taxation (possibly also on www.ripoffireland.org :D ).
    Early M3s had 286bhp (until 1994) from the S50 engine. There are more significant problems with the later models from vanos I believe.
    Anyway, buy the best car you can! Don't skimp on these as they can be costly if you buy a dud. Also don't go near anything without a full main dealer service history.
    Personally I would spend my money on an E30 M3 - lot more car for the money!
    Anyway, ask for proper advice on www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk/m
    I put two links below for you also but neither are for the motor you want but they are interesting reading!
    E36 M3 Evo Buying Guide E30 M3 Buying Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Thanks lads.

@Kbannon - thanks for the links, but kdevitt pointed me to them awhile back. Excellent reading though, and their other guides are very useful.

I guess I'm looking for peoples experience with using the m3 as a daily driver, and did they require a fuel tanker driving behind them ;)

Advertisement