Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aphex Twins new Dbl Album

Options
  • 07-09-2001 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Not bad at all. I like it.

Damien

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Didn't realise he had a new one out. Whats it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

drukqs

30 tracks. Ive only listened to it twice so far, but I like what I'm hearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah babies. Youbetter believe it's good. And who went to see the man himself in TB a few weeks ago?

Me, Blamd and others that's who...

sweet.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

isnt it AFX this time around?
    also this is his last album with warp records.
    he may use his own label,rephlex,to promote all his own jive.

has anyone heard "selected ambient works volume 2"?
    it's mental messing.
    listen to it as you fall asleep for twisted dreams...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:
    Yeah babies. Youbetter believe it's good. And who went to see the man himself in TB a few weeks ago?

Me, Blamd and others that's who...

sweet.

.logic.
    </font>

I was so ****ed off that I missed that. Slane was the next day and I couldn't afford it. What was it like? I heard just stood there playing CD's! Please tell me thats wrong smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ever hear the story of his remix of a Lemonheads tune ?

Or playing sandpaper on a US tour ?

The mans definetly eccentric.

Are they just that though? "stories"

I mean who's gonna pay you 4.5k for some old mix tape you had lying around?

.logic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:
    Are they just that though? "stories"

I mean who's gonna pay you 4.5k for some old mix tape you had lying around?

.logic.
    </font>

Evan Dando believing its a genuine remix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Although i like songs like come to daddy , window licker, and star wars theme i never heard one of his albums only mp3's! i dont even know the names of em! But his videos rool! especially window licker and come to daddy!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

it wrong, but i could hardly see him. mysterious little bugger

adnans

Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's wrong so very very wrong. The guys insane. He first set up a camcorder to record the crowd then ran and hid behind some curtains stage left.

He then ran out and stuck on some vinyl before ducking under the table that the decks were on. He spent the whole time popping up and down from under the table to stick on records. Insane or what.

Crazy.

.logic.

Deadly. The man is a genius and eccentricity is a common trait with them. Sorry I missed it now. djsi.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gar_ptc:
    isnt it AFX this time around?...</font>
    I was wondering about that.

also this is his last album with warp records.

A good swansong then.

has anyone heard "selected ambient works volume 2"? it's mental messing..

I found that in my collection and never knew I bought it. I'm sure I had it for 6 months before I played it. Its .... Aphexy. Not very good conversation piece though. Can't really discuss individual tracks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by yellum

has anyone heard "selected ambient works volume 2"? it's mental messing..

I found that in my collection and never knew I bought it. I'm sure I had it for 6 months before I played it. Its .... Aphexy. Not very good conversation piece though. Can't really discuss individual tracks !

[/B]

probably cos theres no track names mentioned anywhere on the cd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 m|nty

Aphex Twin are damn good. Windowlicker - great video goes with it, ha - good sh*t.

Pushing the envelope with that acoustics, got to love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Originally posted by tibor
    drukqs

30 tracks. Ive only listened to it twice so far, but I like what I'm hearing.

Where'd you get it though? I couldn't find it in town

Originally posted by Kali

probably cos theres no track names mentioned anywhere on the cd :)

Aye, kinda a conversation killer in a pub. Yeah but I thought " " was better than " ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HardWired

Track List is on the warp site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HooLiHoo

Originally posted by m|nty
    Aphex Twin are damn good. Windowlicker - great video goes with it, ha - good sh*t.

Pushing the envelope with that acoustics, got to love them.

better tell ya... he is just one man...

rocks tho! aint got any of his albums but i love the widowlicker video! (and the song)

i heard he messes around with his hardware to get a unique sound.. wierd... i dont know anyone thats ever heard of him.

i wish i saw him live! that would so definately rock... y didnt anyone tell me??!!!

HooLiHoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

if you want to hear another good electronica group;
    if you dont alkready know them:
    EU.the album is called *reframing*
    and i got it in tower,they were playing it and i just flipped out and bought it there and then.

theyre russian/former soviet mini country duo...
    i think...
    BUT PLEASE!check it out...
    also
    Richard D. James;aphex twin is an album NOT to be missed,it's very short but has emotional points on it;dead serious!
    like track 6:goon gumpos:
    i wasnt his played at my funeral
    it that good.
    if looking for richard d. james music/similar electronica :
    freebird,
    tower*both of them*.
    oh and at his last gig(2000,that is) he sat down whilst mixing...and had a dancing banana on stage...DAMMIT I MISSED IT AGAIN??!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Some AFX stuff:

a) That "Star Wars Theme" mp3 is not by Aphex Twin. It's a hoax, some dude did it and named it "Aphex Twin". You can see a complete discography of AFX stuff at http://theaphextwin.com/discography/.

b) The title tracks for Selected Ambient Works Volume II are available on the internet. But also in a way they are named on the album. On the non-US CD release (which I have), on each CD there are a couple of circles divided up into different size pies. There are also lots of little photos of "stuff". Each pie size corresponds to a track, the longer the track the bigger the pie section. Each pie corresponds also to a picture, and that picture is essentially the track title. Eg "Radiator" and "Cliffs" and "Rhubarb".

This gets even more complex however because the non-US CD release is missing track 10 on one of the CDs. The US release is also missing track 4 on one of the CDS. This is all explained really well here: http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/98491895499398.shtml

c) The new Aphex Twin album Drukqs is excellent, but it isn't going to be released until October the 22nd so that means you all have mp3 copies of it. Bold bold bold!!

-Son of Blam

a) That "Star Wars Theme" mp3 is not by Aphex Twin. It's a hoax, some dude did it and named it "Aphex Twin".

I thought as much. Its far too techno for Aphex Twin.

The title tracks for Selected Ambient Works Volume II are available on the internet. But also in a way they are named on the album. On the non-US CD release (which I have), on each CD there are a couple of circles divided up into different size pies. There are also lots of little photos of "stuff". Each pie size corresponds to a track, the longer the track the bigger the pie section. Each pie corresponds also to a picture, and that picture is essentially the track title. Eh "Radiator" and "Cliffs" and "Rhubarb".

Now thats way cool. Going to have a look at that album again now.

The new Aphex Twin album Drukqs is excellent, but it isn't going to be released until October the 22nd so that means you all have mp3 copies of it. Bold bold bold!!

Or a preview copy that was given to me by someone from Warp records. Hey ! It could happen. How did you hear it BTW ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

ha ha ha you wrote "widowlicker" not "windowlicker"

Advertisement