Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal problem

Options
  • 14-12-2004 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I just won an auction on ebay and when I tried to pay using paypal, it says that there is not enough funds. My credit card more than enough to cover the transaction. So I went to call the credit card company and they say everything is working fine. So I keep trying on paypal and keep getting the same message. Finally, I found the reason why. Apparently paypal decided there is something risky about my credit card and wont put the charges through. WTF??? How can this be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Surely they went into more detail than just to call your card 'risky'...?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's definitely nothing to do with your paypal balance? You know the way you can't spend over €750 or so? Just a thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

No they didnt give me any details. I had to click "Learn more" to actually find out why it wont go through. Ridiculous.

cormie wrote:
    It's definitely nothing to do with your paypal balance? You know the way you can't spend over €750 or so? Just a thought?

Nah, I'm spending like €450 only. I bought something over ebay and paid through paypal last month without any problems, though it was only for €120.

And you've definitely verified your account? i.e. you entered in the code you saw on your c.card statement when paypal debited $1 from your card?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it does say that I am verified on the account anyway.

This is the message anyway
    PayPal is constantly working to protect our members against fraud. We review every transaction before it is approved, and we may block a payment when we detect a potential risk.

Our reviews take into account every aspect of a transaction, including looking at both parties. These decisions help us maintain the integrity of our payments network in the same way as other payment processors: by declining transactions with an unacceptable level of risk.

While our fraud measures occasionally block a legitimate payment, to maintain overall security, we cannot overturn any decisions about an individual transaction.

If you decide to continue this transaction using a different funding source, please note that the associated risk levels have not been decreased.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, reading between the lines, it looks like PayPal may be dissing your counterparty, rather than you. That's why they warn you about carrying out the transaction by another means.

Looks that way to me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's what Paypal do. When someone is under investigation for dodgy practices, they'll stop people sending them money through Paypal (in the end it'll just cost Paypal more money anyway, they're protecting themselves this way).

Sounds like the seller is a bit risky in this case.

Advertisement