Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a Mini I-Pod???

Options
  • 14-12-2004 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere selling these. Was up in Blanch and they're all sold out. Does Arnotts sell them or maybe Peats???

Desperate to get one. For a present.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

i think the o2 store in henry st sells them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I got one for my little bro today in the o2 store on Westmoreland St. I think the Grafton St one is sold out of the smaller ones so you'd have to opt for at least a 20 gig one there. However, a mate of mine thinks there's a deal on in Tower Records (he claims they're nearly €100 cheaper - but he didn't get to tell me until after I'd bought the thing in the 02 store!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Tower Records had a few in stock at lunch time today, there's no deal though, same price as everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Jip wrote:
    Tower Records had a few in stock at lunch time today, there's no deal though, same price as everywhere else.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Forget Ipod go for this
    http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RD2780-R&cat=MP3

Only $269 and shipping to ireland is $30

cheers

Divya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"Forget Ipod go for this
    http://www.compgeeks.com/details.as...D2780-R&cat=MP3

Only $269 and shipping to ireland is $30"

...unless you get caught and raped by customs, then you can expect to be adding €70 to it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Not

Not really
    There is some limit for customs, it's not like you bought 6 can of pepsi from States and Customs stopped you cos they are from states.
    There is a limit of this. i think personal items and items upto $400 are allowed and customs don't object to that.

cheers

AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

It dosnt matter if they are personal or not you gotta pay vat.

As of the last time i had to deal with them it was anything over 50 euro is subject to 21% or there abouts vat. The only thing is its a lottery they only check something like 5% of packages i think i read somewhere so you could make it past them but you might get caught and then dosnt matter what you say to them about its a present or whatever if they see on the box that its worth xxx over 50 then you will have to pay vat or they will keep it.

Only way you can get around it is if you get someone whos sending it to not put the value on it and mark it as a gift but this means you cant get it insured incase it dosnt turn up or is wrecked but this will really only work if your buying from ebay anyway.

Advertisement