Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good news for galway

• 15-12-2004 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

was talking to a technician with NTL this evening down the pub he informed me they are bringing in broadband on the cable in February so bye bye to pathetic line rental

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Any idea what the requirements are for net access (aside from being able to get Digital TV)??

We're in a fairly new apartment.
    The cable box has a cablelink logo on it, I wonder if that gives any indication as to the age/type of cable used....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

SyxPak wrote:
    Any idea what the requirements are for net access (aside from being able to get Digital TV)??

We're in a fairly new apartment.
    The cable box has a cablelink logo on it, I wonder if that gives any indication as to the age/type of cable used....

You dont need to be able to get digital TV....people with the basic package can also get broadband.

It's delivered on a cable modem with an RJ-45 Ethernet port and a USB port, so as long as your PC is of any half decent spec you sould be fine. Installer does most of the work for you....they will probably replace the "cablelink" box with a newer one.

Advertisement