Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker

Options
  • 15-12-2004 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I'm tired of waiting for the poker society to start organising tournaments, I wanna start losing money now. Anybody interested in playing some cash games in the canteen? Or even a SNG, I can sort out chips, cards and people who are easy to fleece (Chip).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Defo be interested, could even get a few more into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Jesus that was quick, obviously you picked up the smell of easy money pretty quick. Well about 5 of us play poker in the canteen (forgot to mention that we're in Kevin Street) whenever we've some spare time, so they'd probably be up for a few games so long as the stakes weren't that big. How many you think you could get together?

Two/three, then a few others may or may not play, Kevin street aswell.

Grand, we'll sort out a few games then, sooner the better. I'll just give this thread a bit of time and see how much interest there is, then I'll get back to you.

Oh yeah is there actually a poker soc?

• Advertisement

Yeah there is, got an email from them about a week ago saying they were sorry for the delay, they've been waiting for funding and that they hadn't run off with the sign-up money like the thieving bastards I thought they were. They said they were gonna get a tournament going before the Christmas break but I haven't heard anything from them since.

how does one join i couldnt find them on sign up day.

They were in Aungier Street on sign-up day. You could try emailing conor.osullivan@dit.ie , that's who sent out the email last week. The email was:

We apologise for the lateness of this e-mail but we were last in line to get
    funds from the Students Union. Now that we are up and running we hope to
    organise a poker tournament some time next week.

In order for this tournament to go ahead we need numbers of people who would
    be interested. Reply to this e-mail as soon as possible so we can organise a
    tournament before we break for Christmas. Let us know if your interest

Conor O'Sullivan (likes Clown Sex)

So give him a shout, maybe nobody showed any interest. And I didn't add the clown sex bit... :confused:

grand i'll email him, i wont be in til after christmas, but after that il probaly see you for a game! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

id be interested aswell but im in bolton st. would i be able to play in the tournaments? oh yeah just to make sure, ye are talkin bout texas holdem right?

• Advertisement

As long as you don't mind heading over to Kevin Street you can play no problem.

And yeah it'll be No Limit Texas Hold'em, just simple Sit And Go's, so no re-buy ****, keep it simple, just put your money down and play, pot being split 50%/30%/20% for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but we can agree on the details on the day.

You can just about squeeze 10 players onto a table in the canteen. So far it looks like we'll fill a table no bother, if we need a second table I can sort out the chips and cards to cover it.

Hopefully we can get a game started for the first week back after Christmas. If anybody else is interested or has other ideas how the games should be structured just post here.

And if there's anybody on these boards from the "real" DIT poker society could they post and let us know what's going on?

I presume its no limit texas hold'em aswell, i dont mind playin pot limit. I have the chips outa argos so I can bring them if needed aswell! we should organise a tournament between ourselves.

I'll just keep this thread going so it doesn't get deleted. Think most people are back this Monday, so if anybody else is interested in a game for the end of next week leave a message here or PM me so I can get an idea of the numbers.

Advertisement