Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Stars - too easy?

Options
  • 15-12-2004 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Pro Ev 2 - 5 stars is rock hard, you will rarely beat the cpu by more than one and goals are scarce in a game. It's like real life football.

Fast forward.

Pro Ev 4 - 6 stars, and I'm beating teams 7-1.
    In fact I've only lost once on 6 stars against the computer. You shouldn't be able to come back from 4-0 down at half time and win 5-4, but I have. Was playing with France against USA and I couldn't be arsed trying so I was 4 down in a 15 minute game at half time, and turned it around to win it. Now I know the USA are a poor team, but still on 6 stars this shouldn't happen.
    I play with Brazil for internationals usually and they are just too good really. Destroyed France, England, Germany and Argentina with them.
    Then with Barca it's the same thing.

Compared to Pro Ev 2, it's a bit disappointing. I play on 6 stars so I'm challenged, so I get better, so ultimately I can hockey my mates when I play them (my main motivation, just to earn those bragging rights). I play with Brazil (sometimes Spain, Fernando Torres is a legend) and Barca cos that's who I would use when playing mates, so I have to practice with those teams, not much point really using other teams.

What do you all think? Too easy? Or are certain teams just too good in comparison to others?
    With Barca I play matches against Juve, Milan, Inter, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. bascially the elite teams, and the only team to beat me was Chelsea, 2-0.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, id have to (ashamedly) say NO. :o

Im finding it extremely difficult on 6-star level. I win only roughly 50% of my matches(with Liverpool or Barca) and have only the once, won by 3 clear goals.

My biggest problem is keeping a clean sheet....it rarely happens for me at that level.

I guess you're just in a league of your own, Makaveli.

....but soon, with practice, im gonna try beat this 7-1 record scoreline of yours !! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

3 stars does my head in.

THEY KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING TO DO BEFORE YOU DO IT.

bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

So by picking the best teams in the game your winning all the time :confused:

When i get to that level of goodness ,its International cups with Random teams , Euro cups with Random teams.

See how easy it is then when Colin Healy is your striker

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I find if I play with the absolute worst team on the higher levels, I force myself to discover new ways of scoring goals that require no skill and are just tap ins :)

Try that :)

6 stars with albania

If you're still winning
    Use their reserve team!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Enjoying and loving 5 stars. Have not even touched 6 stars.

PS: I scored three of the most fantastic goals with Ronaldinho. Does anyone know who i can save them to video and upload them? Seriously...some unbelieveable goals with this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 misdog

Played on with Ireland with Winning Eleven 8, after winning a few games and thinking it was too easy I then realised I was playing on 6*.

Found 6* on Pro Evo tough enough, then again I would always play with a lesser team. I find I switch off too easily on 5* because sometimes it seems too easy. Then again after parking in the oppositions half for most of the game they come and score with their first shot on target and I realise why I love/hate this game.

Best solution is to play a cup/league with a mixture of friends/cpu players.
    The banter/taunting/gloating is priceless ;)

cheesedude wrote:

PS: I scored three of the most fantastic goals with Ronaldinho. Does anyone know who i can save them to video and upload them? Seriously...some unbelieveable goals with this guy.

Record them and use www.fraps.com or www.planetgamecam.com to record them to AVI and upload them.

Record them in Fraps/Gamecam in the play recording mode not in game and lower the resolution to stop turning your pc into a pile of goo while its recording.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

As I said the only reason I play with Barca and Brazil is because I'd pick them when playing against my mates so it's good to practice with them.
    I won the international cup with Japan on 6 stars. I did scrape by a few teams though.

Anyway really the whole basis of the thread was even with top teams in older games you would never win by huge amounts, but you can in this game.

I'd love to be able to play this online, because I know I would have my ass handed to me. After playing long enough the cpu becomes predictable, you can't better playing against real people. Unfortunatley I'm stuck in dial up hell and this pc wouldn't be good enough anyway.

Makaveli wrote:

I'd love to be able to play this online, because I know I would have my ass handed to me. After playing long enough the cpu becomes predictable, you can't better playing against real people. Unfortunatley I'm stuck in dial up hell and this pc wouldn't be good enough anyway.

Yeah big time , when you get real good ,it does beomce harder to play it , hence since IS98 i go random even when playing online. Makes me a better player in MP

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 misdog

KdjaC wrote:
    Yeah big time , when you get real good ,it does beomce harder to play it , hence since IS98 i go random even when playing online. Makes me a better player in MP

kdjac

Very noble indeed. Just ordered my PC copy, looking forward to seeing what it's like online. Will be a nice change playing some different opposition as I've been playing against the same people for the last 4 years. Going to have to get used to controls and feel of the game or I will prob get my arse kicked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have enough hassle on 3 stars! Can create more scoring opportunities to score from than you shake a stick at just cant score the damn things :( About 100 0-0 draws!

Try playing on 2 stars, and work on ways to score straight forward goals.
    Then just bring it into 3 stars and practice the same fundamental method, but it may need to be more elaborate.

For example with Barca, I like to give the ball to Xavi or Deco, advance a bit then play it out to Giuly or Ronaldinho, use their speed to skin the advancing fullback and create space between full back and centre halfs. This pulls out the centre half, slide the ball into Larsson or Eto'o for a one on one and usually a goal.
    Takes some practice but it's very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'm having troubles with 5 star, I can't get near the oppositions goals, and when I do, my shots go sky high because I keep rushing my shots... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I have enough hassle on 3 stars! Can create more scoring opportunities to score from than you shake a stick at just cant score the damn things :( About 100 0-0 draws!
    Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

One problem I had in the early stages of PES4 was I wasnt holding down shoot enough..try holding it down a lil longer then you normaly would...The ball doesnt actually go flying into the air...you just get a really powerful shot, specially fi you hold down "up" at the same time which will keep the ball low.

When trying to beat defenders hold down R2 and press to the side - this will bring you around them without taking you off your current direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

KdjaC , I think you mean David Healy , but thats irrelevant . For me ive no problem defensively on the higher levels but its scoring goals thats my problem .

and for those struggling on 3 stars , you are probably not passing the ball enough in the build up to your attacks . Spread the ball round and you will often find the other team will leave a huge gap where one of your strikers is standing all by himself ready for a one on one with the keeper .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

DRakE wrote:
    Amen.

ditto!0-0 draws are wrecin my head but still it makes for a more realistic game rather than 7 and 8 niil wins on world class in Fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

6 stars is going very well for me but one thing puzzels me i ran all the way from the half way line with Anelka and scored a brilliant goal [i didnt pass once] i wouldnt expect that in 6 stars

man it was some goal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

snoopdog wrote:
    man i was some goal

So your a robot and the metal from the goal was used to create you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Big Ears wrote:
    So your a robot and the metal from the goal was used to create you ?
    lol my bad

• Advertisement

Was it a break away?
    That happens to me sometimes too. If I'm winning and there's about 20 minutes left they attack more, then I counter and Eto'o or Ronaldinho are fast enough to spin off the centre half (who is marking them at almost the half way line) and then run to the goal without being caught, although on 6 stars the defenders usually do catch you. Then I usually side step around the keeper and knock it into the empty net.

Advertisement