Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Challenge, again

• 15-12-2004 6:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi, whilst looking through the archives(at 5am, procrastination is a wonderful thing), I came accross "The Challenge" thread. Basically Jim Conroy wants a team of university shooters to shoot against his school archers, but we never got around to making it happen. Simplest solution would be for them to show up at an intervarsity(in Dublin?) and shoot at that. Scoring we can work out later, something like the top 5 IV scores against the top 5 schools scores or something like that.

Opinions?

Regards

Ewan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

jim mentioned this to me the other day, i think its a good idea.
    Some of the students who haven't seen the level of shooting in schools will be suprised at the scores! There are some quality archers around who will be of college age soon... time to start encouraging them to go to college!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

And try rope them into going to each of our colleges so they can shoot for us. :D
    We all know DCU is the coolest college there is! ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Just look at what happened with Reble_Archer. Just showed up at our competitions and started kicking ass. Now I know he's the best of the school archers but even Ger Casey who was in Gonzaga College and is in UCD now and he's not doing too badly either.
    The standard is pretty high.

If nothing else, it'd be worth doing to make the schools archers aware of our existance. Spose if you're really into archery it'd be a consideration when choosing your college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Ok, so UCD peeps, do ye have any issue with hosting another team at yer intervarsity? Do ye have the space? If ye dont, dont worry about it, but most of the schools are in the dublin area, so would be easier than them getting to Carlow / UL etc...

And as for DCU being the coolest university, I beg to differ, UL may be in stab city, but it has a very well equipped campus, only downfall is getting to the farking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

It should not be a problem. There is enough space in UCD to include few extra archers. But anyway, the participation numbers will be known only few days before IV.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Just consider them an extra team. Set aside 5 places or even let them do it IV style. Send 8 or so and best 5 are their team. Thus they see how it's really done.

Just one more etam to put in the fray when working out numbers. It'll mean less from the other colleges but I think that'd be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

usually with the two groups thing, there several places left for guests/schools.

Will we get them to shoot 60's or 40's? or apply the adv rule to them, if they have broken 400 on 60's make them shoot 40's so equal rules apply to everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Reckon we would have to ask Jim about this at this stage. First off, anyone here from UCD, so we can get a concrete date / venue / ok-to-bring-schools-archers before one of us goes ringing him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Date is the 19th of February, Venue is UCD Sports Hall. For the rest, MicS will have to be asked or some other UCD person but surely thats enough to bring to Jim.
    Keith sees him on a reasonably regular basis so I'm sure he can talk to him about it with that information. Things like time aren't important until closer to the event anyway.

Advertisement