Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save a Circle in PS with no outer?

Options
  • 15-12-2004 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Been using Photoshop to create some fancy text and a puck from a perspective for the Air Hockey game i'm designing.

However, i realised the reason my game ain't working too well is because the
    puck i saved (as a PNG) is a red circle with a transparent background.

So my question is: is there any picture file formats i can save to in
    Photoshop that will support just the circle with no outer? I'll try and put
    it in easier terms in case i'm confusing people

What Photoshop is giving me:
    ___
    | O |
    |__ | (a circle with a border when saved)

What i require:

O (just the circle.. with no border outside it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why is there a border on the original?

Outputting to gif format will preserve transparency if you have transparency on your original. Also outputting to png with transparency on will work. Or am I getting the wrong end of the hockey stick?

oh you could mean the size of the picture? Select the circle and crop it and the whole picture will be clippped to the max dimensions of the puck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The problem is:

In my program, the corner is the puck is being recognised as the corner of the PNG whereas if you look at the PNG above, you will see the puck only exists a couple of pixels into the PNG.

I need to just have the circular shape of the puck saved...

Transparency doesn't show the border of the puck but it still saves the puck with a border as a square.. be it an invisible border.

Tried selecting the shape and cropping it.. didn't work! Still got a border.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Images have to be rectangular in dimensions, to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah right... was worth a try!

Thanks anyways!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Just a thought, but you might be better off using Java for that sort of game. No problem with circular surfaces etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement