Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xwing VS TIE Fighter/Freespace 2 Multiplayer

Options
  • 15-12-2004 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Anyone care for some multiplayer games of the afformentioned titles?

Owing to the nature of the games (space combat simulations with not a lot of lag compensation code), broadband is a plus.

I don't know anyone else who plays them, so it would be good to get a little community going...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Freespace 2 is excellent and i've wanted to play multiplayer but PXO online doesn't seem to exist anymore! Does anyone know if there's any way to play it in multiplayer anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

What to do to use FS2NetD

In order to use FS2NetD, the community's replacement for PXO, you need to have one of the latest builds of The Freespace 2 Source Code Project installed. In order to use FS2NetD you'll need to follow the following steps:

1) Firstly you'll need to download the latest version of Freespace Open, currently this can be found here. When the installer has downloaded, run it and let it guide you through the installation process.

2) Now that you have FS2 Open installed you will need the Multiplayer Config File, this can be found here. Once you have downloaded that place it in your main Freespace 2 directory, NOT your Data folder.

3) Next you'll need to register an FS2NetD account, to find the registration form go here. When your account is registered load FS2 Open, go to Multiplayer Options and replace the PXO login information with your new FS2NetD username and password.

4) Finally go to your main Freespace 2 directory and delete speffects.vp and zpack.vp. These are not supported by multiplayer and you will encounter "Hacked tables" errors if you do not remove them. Then go into your \data\tables directory and delete ALL files from here.

5) Load up Freespace 2 Open, select your Multiplayer pilot and join a game. Have fun flying!

NOTE: Currently Freespace Open Multiplayer has no lobby like the one PXO used. Therefore when you login you will be taken straight to the games screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Certainly count me in for some Freespace 2,an amazing game. Few other people I know might be interested too , or at least after they get bored of HL2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I'll give it a 56k based lash, for the odd FS2 coincedences in the last few minutes if nothing elshe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Tell me about it , Birnham wood has uprooted and moved to the Capellan Jump node today :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement