Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Atrium mast is down

• 15-12-2004 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

down since 3-4 this morning, customer services advise engineers on-site, unknown when it will be restored.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I'm with Irish Broadband and my connection is down since last night or early hours of the morning. I think I'm connected to Ballycoolin is this down too?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

no idea, you may be on the atrium, i am in whitestown, just got it installed yesterday.

Connection still down at 13:01. CS say it's being worked on but I've been down by the atrium and there is no sign of life. Anyone got any info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

joolsveer wrote:
    CS say it's being worked on but I've been down by the atrium and there is no sign of life. Anyone got any info?

info as requested. this PM is very hush hush and not to go out on the net or anything Jools, I trust you implicitly man. This is training material from within IBB .

The Offical IBB Guide To Temporal Reality.

IBB staff Say vs Reality

1. Now = 2 Weeks
    2. 2 Days = 1 Month
    3. 2 Weeks = 3 Months
    4. 3 Months = 1 year or 367 days , whichever is longest or whichever suits
    5. Next Year = Next Decade

HTH

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

ballycoolin is down, engineers on site afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

mag wrote:
    ballycoolin is down, engineers on site afaik

But IBB will be closed on the 28th ?

M

Still no joy from IBB.

thanks for the update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

well, it looks like they must be doing something out there! My connection has temporarily gone to ****! Thats the first time this has happened since i got the VL equipment... hopefully that means they just temporarily turfed a load of people onto my gateway server while they fix their current problem, as the lag is only at the gateway server :(

My connection is finally back. I can leave the modem die again!

BTW I finally got to 80. It's taken me a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Mine has gone very slow I'm in Luttrellstwon !!! Anyone else got the problemm ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

on the VL here in d15 and performance is shocking, after it being down all day.

only getting 128kbps according to http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp ... it should be 10x that

sigh

Sure is slow !!! I wonder will it get better seriuosly thinking about ending my contract with IBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sluice44

I'm on the IBB Ballymun mast and it was gone most of the day. Rang in the a.m. and was told engineers were fixing it. Drove by mast at noon with no sight of anyone. Hmmm.

Rang again at 4pm for update and was told by receptionist that the customer service phone lines were down. What a shower of amateurs.

Service resumed at 4.30pm but speed very variable.

Maybe their whole network was affected but they won't admit it.

Sluice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

tis all back to goodness again. I've had grand speeds/pings for the last 30 mins or so, after just over an hour of ****e. Like i said, must have been a temporary thing as they moved customers around to try and give everyone service as they fixed whatever they fecked up.

All's well in VL land again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

sluice44 wrote:
    I'm on the IBB Ballymun mast and it was gone most of the day. Rang in the a.m. and was told engineers were fixing it. Drove by mast at noon with no sight of anyone. Hmmm.

Rang again at 4pm for update and was told by receptionist that the customer service phone lines were down. What a shower of amateurs.

Service resumed at 4.30pm but speed very variable.

Maybe their whole network was affected but they won't admit it.

Sluice

Yeah,same here Sluice its been great since they fixed the problem on the mast this is the worst speed I've got in about 4 weeks or so..for example..

Pinging boards.ie [82.195.131.130] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.131.130: bytes=32 time=126ms TTL=58
    Reply from 82.195.131.130: bytes=32 time=132ms TTL=58
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 82.195.131.130: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=58

Ping statistics for 82.195.131.130:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 101ms, Maximum = 132ms, Average = 119ms

Pinging clarity.jolt.co.uk [195.149.21.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=156ms TTL=56
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 195.149.21.11: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 195.149.21.11:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 116ms, Maximum = 156ms, Average = 136ms

..its been like that all day for me hope its not back to the ****e speeds of 4 weeks ago altho if people are having trouble all over maybe its something on IBB's end and not the masts at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

All's well in VL land again :p

except for this part of VL land ;)

I guess half the battle is that it is working at all.

lets hope things get back to normal soon.

ballycolin's still ****ed for me on vl - dialup speeds
    first problem in 5 mths

What postcodfe guys? My is slower than dial up !!! 2 times in two weeks !!!!!!!

I dont know !!! CRAP Service !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

Drapper wrote:
    What postcodfe guys? My is slower than dial up !!! 2 times in two weeks !!!!!!!

I dont know !!! CRAP Service !!!!

According to this here map, i'm in Ballycoolin 5.4 - 3.2. I'm guessing the other D15 people affected are in this segment too.

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/coverage_maps/Ballycoolin-VL-South.jpg

Edit: And it's hardly a crap service.

im dublin 15 & ive no complaints about the service

everyone here affected should ring tomorrow to ensure that somethings done soon before they all head off for xmas

Mine seem to be steady this moring but a hell off a lot slower only getting 20k download speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Narj

I have seen my links to Ballycoolin and to Ballymun come back after being down for 13 hours but they are still brutal.

Trying to ping the dns servers and losing 20 - 40% of packets.

Not great if you are using VoIP but still usable - just. I wonder if it had anything to do with the foul weather we had 2 days ago....

I hope they get it sorted soon.

Also, there does seem to be a lot of virus activity flying around coming from 62.231.*.* subnet. Not sure what can be done about it except to deploy a few tarpits to try and slow the boxes down a bit. A job for after Xmas I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm on the Ballymun mast too. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
    Slower than dialup at the moment....will give it til Friday.....frown.gif

Mine is crap too pings of 213 ect and download of 20kps !!! What a ****e service and the bloke in customer care told me "he was sick yesterday and didnt know what was going on !!! "

If he doesnt know how am I to get an answer !!!

WAITING....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Just off the phone from IBB Customer Services - Ballymun suffered a another complete outage yesterday and it's now operating at less than 20% of capacity. They expect to have the site restored by later today/tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Drapper wrote:
    Mine is crap too pings of 213 ect and download of 20kps !!!
    20kb/s - You lucky bar steward! I'm on a massive 4.7kb/s at the moment, it peeked this morning at 11kb/s.

Bannor wrote:
    20kb/s - You lucky bar steward! I'm on a massive 4.7kb/s at the moment, it peeked this morning at 11kb/s.

Back to the days of DIal up ? hey ? Anyone in B/town area D15 having problems from Atrium or Ballycoolin ?

D :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Bannor wrote:
    Just off the phone from IBB Customer Services - Ballymun suffered a another complete outage yesterday and it's now operating at less than 20% of capacity. They expect to have the site restored by later today/tomorrow morning.
    Fingers crossed!
    Cheers for the update.wink.gif

Advertisement