Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT problems Azureus Port Forwarding with the Eircom Netopia Cayan 3300

Options
  • 15-12-2004 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

PLEASE HELP AND SUGGESTIONS APRECIATED
    I have disabled all firewall Xp and Zone Alarm
    I have followed all the Instructions from this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=180030

But am still getting NAT error I have an Eircom Cayman 3300 would this make any difference as these instructions are for the Eircom Cayman 3341

I have it set up

Pinhole Name Bittorrent
    Protocol Select TCP
    External Port Start 6881
    External Port End 6889
    Internal IP Address 192.168.1.1
    Internal Port 6881

Unticked UPnPin the Netopia Cayman 3300 options
    And unticked the UPnP plugin in Azureus.

I have tried setting range from 6000 to 6999 with no joy.
    Is there even away I could disable the firewall part of the modem and just use Zone alarm for protection.
    Please help spent about 4 hours on this last night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

Ive just read on another forum that theres issues with zone alarm,It can still block ports even when its been disabled. Is this true. ill kick my self it it turns out thats what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Disable zone alarm, it rapes Azueurus.... did you save your changes in the netopia configuration? - I know it sounds daft but I had the same problem and it turned out that I wasn't saving my changes ( By hitting the "Alert" button) in the configuration utility......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ccar

I have the same router and the same problem I have done everything I can and I still have the same problem I have opened up ports, set my address to be static, turned off + punched holes in my firewalls, configured my router etc etc etc and still I have the same slow speeds I have run out of options now and have given up for the moment If I sort it out anytime soon (probably not) I will let you know how I did it :confused:

Advertisement