Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned/Cut Films

Options
  • 15-12-2004 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

bahhhhh something that pisses me right off when it comes to horrors.
    im a big fan or gore/zombie/sick films yep all that goodness and the amount of films that are cut to ribbons really annoys me.
    why must they be cut or banned? they have ratings for a reason?......
    you can go buy a gun but not a banned film...... you can get sick hardcore pr0n which is real, whereas horror films have fake gore and you cant buy them.....

ive seen films with about 30 mins cut from them...... they take out the best damn parts, i mean i buy a certain title for the gore and it gets cut out.....
    the hell with them all.

Do you think the banning/cutting of movies is right? 28 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    7% 2 votes
    Maybe
    92% 26 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed! Censorship is for one party states.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

why must they be cut or banned? they have ratings for a reason?......
    some people aren't capable of distinguishing fiction and reality and society needs to be protected from such people , - look at the government they have voted in ...
    you can go buy a gun but not a banned film......
    So you would like to see a system where you have to a suitable premises to watch the film in or get written permission from someone with such premises and get a permit approved by the Guards and buy a safe bolted to a wall to hold the films when you aren't watching them and pay for the privilage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

some people aren't capable of distinguishing fiction and reality and society needs to be protected from such people , - look at the government they have voted in ...

That does not mean the vast majority of people who can distinguish the difference between fiction and reality should be punished.
    So you would like to see a system where you have to a suitable premises to watch the film in or get written permission from someone with such premises and get a permit approved by the Guards and buy a safe bolted to a wall to hold the films when you aren't watching them and pay for the privilage too.

That's just stupid.Why not properly enforce the rating's on every film and dvd.The amount of times I've seen 18 rated film's and games being rented to clearly under 18 kid's is mind boggling,if I can tell they are under 18 why cant the people behind the counter?

X

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

you can get sick hardcore pr0n which is real

Not in Ireland, it's all banned just like horror films they deem unfit for the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

No baning is for commies and well them yanks go for it as well but I say no.
    Though films should clearly lable them self as not for the weak hearted or easilly upsetable prople. The film should so exactally what it said on the tin.... and now im off to watch another Takashi Miike film.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I a film is called cannibal death monkeys then easily offended people should have the brains to steer clear. Unfortunately they don't and are bible bashing zombies.

Advertisement