Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste disposal

Options
  • 15-12-2004 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Its that time of year when the local corpo come asking for Christmas bribe...WHOOPS i MEAN "HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM THE BINMEN"..... and if you refuse, life gets awkward...

Any business owners out there who have managed to get rid of their waste in a proper manner without costing an arm and a leg??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

mcguiver wrote:
    if you refuse
    har har

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Last year I didnt pay up and got threatened with litter fines!!
    So I eventually got to a supervisor and told him I'd pay the bribe...I just asked him who do I make the cheque payable to ?? and could he give me a V.A.T. receipt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

mcguiver wrote:
    Its that time of year when the local corpo come asking for Christmas bribe...WHOOPS i MEAN "HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM THE BINMEN"..... and if you refuse, life gets awkward...

Any business owners out there who have managed to get rid of their waste in a proper manner without costing an arm and a leg??

I burn everthing, and will continue burning until I get a letter or fine from the council, There's a rumour that helicopers are flying overhead looking for ilegal fires but I think thats a load of bolony because I've been burning for years.

The neighbouring business don't mind because they burn everthing aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

TIPPTOP wrote:
    I burn everthing, and will continue burning until I get a letter or fine from the council, There's a rumour that helicopers are flying overhead looking for ilegal fires but I think thats a load of bolony because I've been burning for years.

The neighbouring business don't mind because they burn everthing aswell.
    Burning is the only way to go in fairness. I burn all my rubbish. The local binmen charge €93 per quater.
    And with this pay per use bin charges burning is set to be on the increase next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

pay per use = 80 euro basic +5 euro per bin collected for residents without a waiver.

Don't think commercial waste is effected by the pay per use scheme (except if your bin is registered you won't be getting anything collected) They pay a significantly higher flat rate as it is, correct?

If you are a business don't have a pink tag with a barcode stuck onto your wheelie bins you should get in touch with the council asap!

any of the 16000 goodstanding customers (people who have been paying their tax regularly or have waivers) should have no problem when the new system is implemented. They're being very careful all these bins are going to be working on the system.

Anyone who has dodged the tax: You better make sure your bins are registered! Or you will be likely to have a big pile of garbage in front of your place accumulating in the New Year! Will be your fault! If you don;t have it registered by now it is almost certainly because you have been avoiding the surveyors!

Anyone who's been giving **** to anyone at all about the new system...you are a wanker and may have it come back to you. The tax only effects people who own property in dublin. Most property appreciates by thousands or tens of thousands a year. People, like me, who have to spend almost half their wages on rent, are not effected by it.

have the database of bins open in front of me right now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I'm afraid burning isnt an option.... my waste is light electrical goods, mixture of plastics and metal. Too costly to seperate manually.
    To small for most electrical recyclers to touch (aprox 25 refuse sacks per week...light but bulky)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mcguiver wrote:
    Its that time of year when the local corpo come asking for Christmas bribe...WHOOPS i MEAN "HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM THE BINMEN"..... and if you refuse, life gets awkward... Any business owners out there who have managed to get rid of their waste in a proper manner without costing an arm and a leg??
    Theres beeen a memo to council workers that they aren't allowed accept gifts over X (€20).

Advertisement