Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Final Fantasy

Options
  • 15-12-2004 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Which final fantasy is the best of all time??!?!?!

i only included the main ones......

Which one? 88 votes

Final Fantasy V
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy VI
    2% 2 votes
    Final Fantasy VII
    6% 6 votes
    Final Fantasy VIII
    68% 60 votes
    Final Fantasy IX
    7% 7 votes
    Final Fantasy X
    2% 2 votes
    Final Fantasy X2
    6% 6 votes
    Final Fantasy XI
    2% 2 votes
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    2% 2 votes
    Other
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Have to go with VII first one i played, and still play. IX is a close second though

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

I thought they were all crap to be honest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played them all. Final Fantasy VII for me. There was just something special about playing that game for the first time. It had its flaws but was a fantastic and captivating experience from start to finish. Saying that Final Fantasy VI, X and the PS1 tactics are very close.

Worst, definitely FFX-2 closely followed FFII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah VII for me too.......

only one word for the game "Epic"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought they were all crap to be honest

You have made a powerful enemy today.

Well maybe not powerful.

• Advertisement

• Definatly FF7, one of the best games of all time in my opinion.

I conquered it too..still have the saves.

Killed all the weapon dudes..and the one in the water :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Killed all the weapon dudes..and the one in the water :D

And what about ruby weapon?

Aside FF7 was and still is my favourite of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Muhahahahahha i collected everything and defeated emerald and ruby weapon, muhahahahahahaha, took six months of my life but muhahahahahahah etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's gotta be 7 for me. It was just fantastic through and through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

They're all ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

everyone is going to vote for 7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Not so! I voted for VI. I really did love VII, but VI is my favourite. And actually, if you think about it, both VI and VII tell almost the exact same story.
    Both absolute EPIC games... just VII is more well-known... and probably the first FF game most people played... (First one I played was FFII for the SNES. Which is actually FFIV, but with several features removed to "dumb-down" the game for the U.S. market)

My least favourite game was VIII, but then again I haven't played X or X-2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

FF VII here for me too!

once you had quad magic materia, knights of the round and pheonix materia you were sorted against the ultimate weapons.....and time was also needed, lots and lots and lots of time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Bass.exe wrote:
    My least favourite game was VIII, but then again I haven't played X or X-2...
    I liked X, although not as much as I liked 7 or 8, but X-2 was like an electrofying cupcake after eating so many delicious cupcakes. You touch it, it shocks you. But the other cup cakes were so nice you just have to give it another try, and another, and another. At the end of the day you just end up singed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭irldavem

I think there's a clear winner already.

Definitely FFVII, cos its the first one I played. So it introduced me to all that the final fantasy and rpg world has to offer. The gameplay is great, but the storyline is what really pushes it over the finishline far out in first place.

Square will have to do something amazing if they want people to relive a similar experience as to what they got from many of the great moments in this game the first time round, in any future fantasy game. Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I voted for X. I have VI, VII, VIII, XI and X and of them, I think X is best. It had everything a FF game should have... an addictive mini-game(blitzball), an engrossing story(goddamnit, I almost cried at the end!) and most important, the levelling up system was taken out, replaced by the Sphere Grid which allowed you create your own characters practically.

I know people have an addiction to VII. Many can't see past there addiction. Even if a better game were to come along, people would ignore it. It almost becomes worshipped too much. There are countless examples, not only in games but everything... music, movies etc. I love VII, don't get me wrong, but the quality of everything in X(graphics, sound, story, characters) far surpasses it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

the one where it was zelda ocarina of time, gway ff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Dunno why so many people talk about VI, it was a pretty poor game :/

(i only played it when it came out on the playstation, along with IV and V)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im surprised with ff7 totally leading this vote, it is an amazing game but there are many other ff games out there that are just as good almost:), X is perhaps my favourite final fantasy game as a single player game with ff7 and ff9 very close behind but final fantasy xi has taken up more of my time than any of the final fantasy game as its a multiplayer online title and is constantly evolving, it doesnt have the strong storyline driven formula of ff7 or x but is totally addictive in a different way so ffxi gets my vote.

Ave wrote:
    Dunno why so many people talk about VI, it was a pretty poor game :/

(i only played it when it came out on the playstation, along with IV and V)

Heathen!
    Well, I guess we all have different tastes, but IMHO VI had the best storyline, characters, and a decent magic system (unlike a certain FF game *cough* VIII *cough*).
    FF VII had an excellent storyline and characters too... but it was too similar to VI... however, it was still (and still is!) mindblowing stuff....

But hey... what about Chrono Trigger? :P

Question... did FF IV on the PS have the extra japanese stuff? Like Cecil having Dark Wave etc. ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Bass.exe wrote:
    Heathen!
    Well, I guess we all have different tastes, but IMHO VI had the best storyline, characters, and a decent magic system (unlike a certain FF game *cough* VIII *cough*).
    FF VII had an excellent storyline and characters too... but it was too similar to VI... however, it was still (and still is!) mindblowing stuff....

But hey... what about Chrono Trigger? :P

Question... did FF IV on the PS have the extra japanese stuff? Like Cecil having Dark Wave etc. ?
    I have no idea, played FF4-6 on PS, but they are all so similar, I can barely distinguish them :)

Ave wrote:
    I have no idea, played FF4-6 on PS, but they are all so similar, I can barely distinguish them :)

Similar... so to you FF IV, V and VI are all similar? WTF? The fact that they are all 2D shouldn't make them similar.
    They are all utterly different games. IV with it's power-levelling motif. V had the Job system I so love. VI with the "pre-materia" Esper system. Man, if you think these games are similar, you obviously haven't played them enough!

The only FF games I didn't enjoy were the FF Legends Trilogy on the Gameboy. Oh, and Mystic Quest (SNES) sucked pretty bad too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Final Fantasy 8 i thought anyway, although its the only one ive really played all that much tbh

Otacon, its called nostalgia!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

7 but 6 follows close behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

7 but i like 8, 10 and even 10-2 is enjoyable in its own way and tactics advance is good. i didn't really enjoy 9 though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

6 is good too, but 7 is the best. the rest are crap...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

imo there is only one bad final fantasy game and its X2, all the others were great in their own little ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

speaking of ffvii

adnent children......wow looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

and as for advent children...

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

VII closely followed by VI for me !

I would love to see a remake of VI on a future console, 3D engine, remastered soundtrack etc...

VI had the best Final Fantasy opening(or main?) theme, bar none!

Advertisement