Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Final Fantasy

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ah now, let's give VIII some credit.
    I mean.......the card game was good...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was remarkably simple when you figured it out and annoying especially when I lost had to loss the ifrit card when random cards rule was on in the same location. I swear that in the 3 hours that I played waiting for the ifrit card I got it 5 times. And 4 times I fluked a win by accident when trying to lose. It was dual shock biting frustrating. The fifth time i eventually lost it, only to find out I had to wander the world looking for the bastid that took it. Well it did make omega weapon frightfully easy. First go I beat him (it was my second time through the game). What a push over compared to the weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Crucifix wrote:
    Ah now, let's give VIII some credit.
    I mean.......the card game was good...

it was indeed, VIII is second behind VII for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yeah, FFVIII's card game was alot better than FFIXs. There was more of a point to FFVIIIs one. I'll get around to FFVII at some stage... its my goal in life!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

VII was the best IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Well, I guess we all have different tastes, but IMHO VI had the best storyline, characters, and a decent magic system

FFVI all the way.

FFVII just never grabbed me, even though it looked pretty impressive at the time, I just preferred the presentation in VI. The storyline was told with more emotion through tiny 2D sprites than 3D models. Also the characters in VI are better designed and looking (again, even though they are only 2D sprites, for me they had more depth and colour) ;)

Also, I absolutely loved the wide range of characters, and you never felt tied to a single path. From the wonderfully decorated instruction booklet through the soundtrack to the game itself, FFVI is a masterpiece. Although I think I'c pick Chrono Trigger as my favourite SNES Squaresoft title, mmmm time travel. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I like the very first one that started it all. I've never played any others and don't plan to in the future FF1 is the only 1 for me.

The rest can go to hell for all I care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I've been playing vii on my pc for about a month and i'm really into it now,it's amazing. I've also played xi and thought it was very good as well. pity it's not as popular here in ireland as it is the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

stalfos wrote:
    I've been playing vii on my pc for about a month and i'm really into it now,it's amazing. I've also played xi and thought it was very good as well. pity it's not as popular here in ireland as it is the states.
    You Dork have you ever played any other ff games before that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah well you sir are a baboon and yes i did play final fantasy viii a long time ago. :p

• Advertisement

I'm thinkin for buying ffvii. But I'm not sure if I should get the PC version or the PSX version. If I did get the PSX version I'd running on my pc using ePSXe anyway, but I'm just wondering which would give better graphics? I've heard that the max resolution of the PC version is only 640x480?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

dunno about the pc one
    im tryin to find a place that sells it on playstation my old one is so scratched. :o

I dunno about the PC version, but the PSX one is supposed to be fairly scarce these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PC version is very rare. It does have better graphics but if you run the PS1 version through an emulator you can play in a higher res and get the filtering effects. Also FFVII would recognise any of the new video cards and if you have a nvidia there will be horrible tiling glitches.

But most of all the music 'One Winged Angel' from the last boss fight is missing from the PC version.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    But most of all the music 'One Winged Angel' from the last boss fight is missing from the PC version.
    :eek:
    Go for the playstation one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Robert_Plant

I-IV aren't main ones yet X2 is??????????????????????

It annoyed me as well.

I-IV aren't main ones yet X2 is??????????????????????

What I'm more amazed about is that X-2 actually got votes. :eek: It just had to be from people that haven't played any of the others, not even X!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i have finished ff 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 10-2 where is 7 i ask? pff ill play it when i see it somewhere9 is best cos of vivi rockin the place! 1 is also good cos it was real hard and it started it.i hate how games are so easy nowadays brting on ultragrinddemonicsupermode i say!

i hate how games are so easy nowadays brting on ultragrinddemonicsupermode i say!

Damn right! I'm playing IX again, and although its a class game, I haven't died once in it yet and I'm on disk 3. I found VI and IV much harder and also much longer, what happened to the length of the new ones too? Too short for my liking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Zapho wrote:
    . I found VI and IV much harder and also much longer, what happened to the length of the new ones too?

you make a good point, VI is much more challenging than IX but then IX has more extra stuff to keep you going like the chocobos and cards

But none were as rewarding as getting new characters and summons for your characters and finding out back story for them. The chocobo subgames in all FF games make me scream in horror at the thought and the effort is not worth the reward apart from in FFVII and you got nothing for the card game in FFIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

chocobos were rewarding enough in IX to be fair but youre right new characters and summons are better, although the summoning itself in XI was usless i felt the abilities were worth it

Advertisement