Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1942 and PB

Options
  • 15-12-2004 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Ok just got my copy of BF1942 and installed along with all recent updates. Seen a new version of PB was released so installed it for BFV no probs.....when I trieded to install in the BF9142 PB folder it kept giving errors so copied the PB folder over from BFV and put it in the 1942 folder instead

Problem is now that when I connect to 1942 it comes up saying the PB version is not recognized and kicks me off the server after about 30sec to a min.,.....will I have to reinstall??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You need to install v1.6 then the v1.61b update. To update PB manually using the PBWEB.exe program you need to run BF42 first. The PBWEB will not work without enabling Punkbuster ingame and running it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi Winters

Tried this.....updatedBF1942 to the newest version! ran the PBWEB.exe again in the folder and went thru fine.....connected to server and 30 secs later kicked me off saying Punkblaster was sending or receiving no packages......try BFV and works no problem!! could it be that I copied over the folder from Vietnam???? I thought both version would be the same!

Ok full uninstall and reinstall seems to have solved the PB problem.....now was wondering does anyone have any links for the mods Interstate and Pirates?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Pirates is near impossible to get a direct link for. I wish i had a fileserver on me right now....

Pirates -> http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/tweakin/mods/pirates/
    Interstate -> http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/tweakin/mods/bf1982/index.shtml

Cheers! downloading now to USB drive! will install later and give them a bash!!!

Yeah really hard to find pirates...even google kept coming up with bad links for both!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement