Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Leadtek Winfast TV2000 Xp Expert telly/fm tuner card

• 15-12-2004 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I just got this. There are plenty of excellent reviews about it. It has excellent sound quality and loads of features at a very affordable price. The picture quality isn't great using an aeriel, because corruption is increased while the the signal has to be converted into digital for the computer and then back to analogue for the monitor. The pic quality is fine from a video cassette though, so it would be from cable too.

However, I'm hgaving major problems trying to get it to record sound from either the telly or the video. I googled and found other people had had the same problems, but seemed slightly vague about exactly how to fix it. Reinstalling the latest drivers is necessary but by itself doesn't work.

You choose from two drivers to install during the set up, but there is a typo and it tells you o install the same one in either case, and I think perhaps it should have been the other one. Howver it won;t let me update the driver in XP because the installed one is a newer version. If I uninstall the driver and delete it from the dirve, when I try to reinstall the older driver it doesn;t work. If I do an auto install it somehow installs the newer one even though it isn;t on the drive.

anyway I've probably gone into unnecessary detail. Does anyone else have this card, and how do you find it if so? Did you have any trouble recordin g audio on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

It's working now. It is excellent. The configuration makes no sense to me but works. In case anyone gets it set the audio-out control line to aux/lin-out 2 and the recording line to cd/video in.
    Doesn't make sense to me because it connects to the aux port on the soundcard so I thought that should be the recording line really.
    can record video, tape cassette, radio, vinyl into digital format with it, excellent quality, and costs 60 yoyo including postage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

[costs 60 yoyo including postage.

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

www.overclockers.co.uk

To record from external devices such as cassette players, connect the earphones socket in them to the line in socket in your sound card and set the record line and volume control to line in in the configuration of the winfast fm app. Works fine.
    You get some decent video editing software bundled with it too. Can insert subtitles captions superimosed images voiceovers and music tracks into video files also publish them as dvd or vcd. Also convert from avi to other formats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

I bought this tuner last week after reading about it here..
    I have it plugged into my NTL analogue cable. The picture is fantastic, no problems with PAL-I audio, like i'd had with previous cards who'd claimed compatability with Irish/UK standards.

One major problem I have with it is getting it to stream it's video output to a lan or the web. Windows Media encoder crashes with the card. You can use Netmeeting with it but the bitrate is very poor and I can't get the audio to work with that.

What I want to do is have it streaming over the wireless network here in the house so I can watch tv on my laptop anywhere..

Anyone know how to get the Leadtek 2000 Expert to stream live?

• Advertisement
Advertisement