Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy a sim-free phone?

• 15-12-2004 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Hey there I need to buy a sim-free Nokia 6630 in a hurry. :) Like today if possible. Are there any shops in Dublin city centre that sell them? I assume I can't go into an O2 or Vodafone store and ask for a sim-free phone?

Cheers!
    Teeth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You can if you want go there, also carphonewarehouse.co.uk and go to whichever shop has it

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You can buy them sim free in carphone warehouse for 649. They are sim free but network locked to vodafone and also vodafone branded. AFAIK you can't get them unlocked and sold normally in Dublin shops, maybe on the net? The 3G functions will only work with a 3G sim card on Vodafone bill pay btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

649!!!
    you can get them from mphone.co.uk for about €200 afaicr,
    but then again u need it today:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭derrylahan

you buy it locked, and then post up the imei and me or someone elese can unlock it

You can get SIM free phones from O2 stores but they're still locked to O2 with O2 branding as well. Hardly "sim free", its more like "without subsidy".

But why is the damn SIM lock still on them!? They should be obliged to unlock the phone if you buy it without subsidy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Out of curiosity is this unlocked ?
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20041220.p.Phone
    Camera Phone Motorola V220 - €149

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Out of curiosity is this unlocked ?
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20041220.p.Phone
    Camera Phone Motorola V220 - €149

The ad in the papers today says that this can be used with any network.

What sort of reviews has this phone got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

I see Phones Online have them for €127 on O2 Speakeasy http://www.phonesonline.ie. Is it easy to get them unlocked? You could use the credit, get it unlocked and still save a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Its well worth shopping around too....

I visited Patrick street in Cork looking for a Sim free Siemens SL65 & went into three O2 shops- first O2 shop I went into told me it wasn't available until after New Year, second one just 500 yards away had one on display ! and wanted €499 for it. The third shop also told me that it wouldnt be available until after Christmas.....

However, O2 Online shop has them for immediate delivery - Sim Free for €359...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

• Advertisement
Advertisement