Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas on TG4

• 15-12-2004 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.tg4.ie/nollaig/noll.htm

Not as good as previous years. but plenty of classic movies and specials.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Is that Jean Butler on the bottom right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Christmas wouldn't be the same without Willy Wonka :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Agreed, ElNino, but I find this a bit odd:

Superman the Movie (21/12 - 9.05pm)

That's a bit of a weird time to be showing it, isn't it? You'd think they'd show it earlier in the day so the kids (and us "grown-up" kids! ;) ) could watch it, wouldn't you?

Tell you what I would have loved to have seen this Christmas, though. One of the channels showing all the Superman films, perhaps one a day, starting on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, say. Given that this year we lost both Marlon Brando (Jor El) and Christopher Reeve (the "Man Of Steel" himself and, in my opinion, the only man I'll ever truely be able to picture in that role. Reeve's finest hour and the finest portrayal of Superman ever, in my opinion), I think it would have been a fitting tribute if one of the channels had shown all the Superman films over the Christmas period, don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Even Superman 4 : The Quest for Peace? Are you mad???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

Is that Jean Butler on the bottom right?
    nil, seo i Berni o Ros Na Ruin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

They have Willy Wonka, that's all I need! *goes to check what time that is on*

Wonka and Santa Claus: The Movie (the 1984 one with Dudley Moore) are the greatest Christmas films ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

tinkerbell wrote:
    They have Willy Wonka, that's all I need! *goes to check what time that is on*

Wonka and Santa Claus: The Movie (the 1984 one with Dudley Moore) are the greatest Christmas films ever :D

No offence, but they're both pants!
    It's a Wonderful Life wins hands down... with maybe The Wizard of Oz coming in second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

still no shirley temple films on really sad it would have made my xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Even Superman 4 : The Quest for Peace? Are you mad???

Well, I was going to say yes, just in the interest of conscistency. But, maybe that one could be overlooked, eh? ;) In fact, it might be touch and go on the 3rd film as well but I suppose it's just about stomachable (is that even a word? :confused: ). The fourth film was just sh!te. In fact, I've never watched all of it, it's that bad. Nuclear Man? What a load of bollo.........!!!!! :D

Advertisement