Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to get 2nd hand cars

Options
  • 15-12-2004 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a 1L VW Polo, 5 door, Black or Blue.

I wouldn't feel too confident with buying a car from the buyandsell as I don't have much knowledge of motors.

There is nothing on cbg.ie at the moment and there is nothing on autotrader.ie either.

Any other places to look? Any tips for buying from buyandsell?
    I had arranged to buy off somebody before and met them at a garage where a mechanic had a quick look for €50. He said not to go for it. So I wasted €50. But I also save about €3,500 at the same time.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

at the risk of sounding like a smart a$$ what about a volkswagen garage? They will probably provide a warranty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Do you think they would charge allot more than I could get elsewhere though? I should have mentioned. I don't want to spend more than €4,000. Not even €4,000. I'd be happy with one for about €3,500.

Also, would most garages post their cars on cbg, autotrader etc do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

fair enough, but it you dont know much about cars and you want to avoid the type that the engineer warned you about you would be safer in the arms of a dealer

www.carzone.ie isnt a bad site (seems a bit slow today)

At this time of year it is hard to get a specific car however come the new year with all the trade ins etc, you will have more luck i'd say

/edit http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=175439 there you are €2500 but its in mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Nuttzz wrote:
    but its in mayo
    and its three door...

Main dealers 'dispose' of this type of trade-in to other traders and they can be found all over the place. 'Suburban' motors advertise on the back of the Buy and Sell for instance and they have a good range of stuff.

If you still have the Punto, why don't you go to a Fiat dealer and try to trade it for something more suitable? Why does it have to be a Polo?

If you find something in Galway and you want it checked out, let me know...

'c

Advertisement