Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best songs to play at a party..

Options
  • 15-12-2004 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Curious to know what you guys think are the best songs to play at a party, on an acoustic guitar? Been wonderings as im looking about for some tabs. Tryed googling but it just came up with meaningless sh*t. So songs like Wonderwall(well, 2/3 years ago when it was cool to play) etc. Songs that ppl will recognise and kinda tap along/sing along to?

Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

you could try playing the smiths heaven knows im misserible now to get the party going or uncle fu*ker by terrence and philip

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mear wrote:
    Curious to know what you guys think are the best songs to play at a party, on an acoustic guitar?
    I've always found the production of an acoustic guitar to be the perfect time to leave a party....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

the saddest day by converge. sounds amazing on acoustic and you will be respected by your peers for ever more. plus you'll be a babe magnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pancakeman

How about postmortem by slayer. ought to get the ball rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Who could possibly resist a stirring, emotional acoustic rendition of Believe by Cher....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

that song by owen wilson in starsky n hutch

"dont give up on us baby......"

ben stiller got wasted on coke and then had a dance off with har mar superstar , then owen scored carmen electra and the other one ......
    what a party....
    do it ..... do it, do it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If your friends are as hip and trendy as mine, they'll love "Freelove Freeway" and all the other assorted Office tunes:

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Outkast- Hey Ya

But yeah, I hate people playing acoustic guitar at a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

All Together Now by the Beatles. It's a good laugh cos the song gets faster and faster, and everybody's gets out of breath singing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

burn the guitar, get a life, and go to a party with decks instead.

last ten tunes i played at a party:

seba + robert manos - sixteen stories [metalheadz]
    d-bridge - tradition [exit music]
    kryptic minds and leon switch - take the pain away [defcom]
    zinc - flim(calibre remix) - [bingo]
    calibre and fats - drop it down [signature]
    paradox - skullminded [outsider]
    lemon d - 12.01 [valve]
    souljah - fade to black [hard leaders]
    breakage - mother earth [bassbin]
    lemon d - going gets tough [prototype]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Hallelujah, stairway to heaven, stuff like that? Everlong from the foo fighters maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Asshole by Denis Leary and the songs off Podge and Rodge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Asshole by Denis Leary
    That's the first song that I thought of when I saw this!
    Whiskey in the Jar (Trad, not Lizzy...)
    Hit me baby one more time - (Travis, not Britney..)
    Cry me a river (Hansard, not Timberlake...)
    etc.
    There are a lot of decent acoustic versions on the Even better than the real thing CD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just make srue its upbeat...hate when people take out an acoustic at a party and start moaning into a fake mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Tusky wrote:
    Just make srue its upbeat...hate when people take out an acoustic at a party and start moaning into a fake mic.
    On that note, Glow by Alien Ant Farm is a nice upbeat acoustic based humdinger.

Advertisement