Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saudi money in US

Options
  • 15-12-2004 1:40pm

A thought crossed my mind when watching farhenheit 911 last nite:
    If the Saudi's have so much money tied up in the US economy why don't they exert pressure on the US to cease their unwavering backing of Israel?
    Surely any Arab who knows this would not appreciate the Saudi Royal family being so close to the current US administration? Indeed if the the Palestinians know this why aren't they feaking out at the Saudi's??

hmmmmm......
    looks like the Arab Saudis dont give a **** about what happens in Israel

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think it's as much to do with the House of Saud not giving a toss about anyone in Arabia or elsewhere as anything else. They're not the most beloved of royals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I think it's as much to do with the House of Saud not giving a toss about anyone in Arabia or elsewhere as anything else. They're not the most beloved of royals.
    they're not even royals. the british just made them "royalty".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It suits the Sauds to have the Isreali's armed to the teeth by the US. It distracts their own people from looking at what a pack of despots they are by giving them someone external to hate.

Also if they start making the wrong noises then the US may cop on that most of the hijackers involved in September the 11th came from there as did the so-called mastermind of the operation (yes hello America you remember Osama don't you ??).

gandalf wrote:
    It suits the Sauds to have the Isreali's armed to the teeth by the US. It distracts their own people from looking at what a pack of despots they are by giving them someone external to hate.

Also if they start making the wrong noises then the US may cop on that most of the hijackers involved in September the 11th came from there as did the so-called mastermind of the operation (yes hello America you remember Osama don't you ??).
    The US will never do ANYTHING to Saudi Arabia. Too much money coming from there. as Moore said "If someone is giving you billions and sum1 else is giving u 400,000, who u gonna listen to? who's your daddy?"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If they started making the wrong noises I would guarantee that the US would be all over them like a swarm of bees on a open honey pot and a new "friendlier" government would be imposed with new enhanced Brilliant White Democracy :D

Then again the Sauds know without the Americans their grip on power will eventually slip.

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote:
    If they started making the wrong noises I would guarantee that the US would be all over them like a swarm of bees on a open honey pot and a new "friendlier" government would be imposed with new enhanced Brilliant White Democracy :D

Then again the Sauds know without the Americans their grip on power will eventually slip.
    nah doubt it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

nixmix wrote:
    A thought crossed my mind when watching farhenheit 911 last nite:
    If the Saudi's have so much money tied up in the US economy why don't they exert pressure on the US to cease their unwavering backing of Israel?
    Surely any Arab who knows this would not appreciate the Saudi Royal family being so close to the current US administration? Indeed if the the Palestinians know this why aren't they feaking out at the Saudi's??

hmmmmm......
    looks like the Arab Saudis dont give a **** about what happens in Israel

Dude, way way up at the top no-one gives a **** about where you're from or what religion you are.

The House of Saud doesn't give a fig about Israel - heck, they need Israel, they need a public image to the muslim world of the "us vs. them". Isarel needs Saud to get them oil - to get that they need the US. The US needs Saud to keep Israel happy.

Surely, *surely* if it was all so obvious then Arafat would have been calling for help from Saud for years, on TV at all those speeches, saying help us we are your brothers - but it didn't happen. You would think it would - also you would think that Saud would be putting pressure on the US to cop on with Israel.

In essence, it's a public dick waving contest because it keeps everyone occupied and people believe in "issues". In private, it's all slaps on the backs with Bush getting a glass of beer from King Saud who's being offered rye bread by Sharon!

Dude, way way up at the top no-one gives a **** about where you're from or what religion you are.

The House of Saud doesn't give a fig about Israel - heck, they need Israel, they need a public image to the muslim world of the "us vs. them". Isarel needs Saud to get them oil - to get that they need the US. The US needs Saud to keep Israel happy.

Surely, *surely* if it was all so obvious then Arafat would have been calling for help from Saud for years, on TV at all those speeches, saying help us we are your brothers - but it didn't happen. You would think it would - also you would think that Saud would be putting pressure on the US to cop on with Israel.

In essence, it's a public dick waving contest because it keeps everyone occupied and people believe in "issues". In private, it's all slaps on the backs with Bush getting a glass of beer from King Saud who's being offered rye bread by Sharon!
    muslims dont drink;)!

Gangsta wrote:
    muslims dont drink;)!

Again, that only applies to the plebs. The Sauds are notorious party animals, champagne and coke up the wazoo, while ordering executions for commoners who sip from the demon drink. They're the worst kind of hypocritical scum.

Bring on the libel cases :D

Again, that only applies to the plebs. The Sauds are notorious party animals, champagne and coke up the wazoo, while ordering executions for commoners who sip from the demon drink. They're the worst kind of hypocritical scum.

Bring on the libel cases :D
    lol i woz just sayin its a rule in islam! i didnt mean they follow islam properly;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Gangsta wrote:
    lol i woz just sayin its a rule in islam! i didnt mean they follow islam properly;)

I suppose a bit mix up is that people confuse arab with islam. Both are entirely different, almost like christianity irish is caucasian. We have ideas such as arranged marriages and the like only a generation ago, yet it definitely isn't the caucasian way of life (if such a thinkg exists).

So the arabs interpretation of the koran is different to say the malaysian islamists. Arabic culture has interspersed it's own unique features which are now being confused with Moslem/Islam.

I suppose a bit mix up is that people confuse arab with islam. Both are entirely different, almost like christianity irish is caucasian. We have ideas such as arranged marriages and the like only a generation ago, yet it definitely isn't the caucasian way of life (if such a thinkg exists).

i understand wat ur saying but 99.99% of arabs r Muslim (not 'Moslem' btw;)).

So the arabs interpretation of the koran is different to say the malaysian islamists. Arabic culture has interspersed it's own unique features which are now being confused with Moslem/Islam.

yes interpretations can vary but that is y they must not take their own interpretation but ask a Seikh (the Islamic equivalent of a priest in Christainity) to explain the Qur'an (not 'koran') to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Gangsta wrote:

I think when you say "They" you mean some. Pretty much the same as here in relation to christanity.

i was talking about the "royal family"

Got to love the way your rite in de texxxt speek and then "correct" legitimate alternative spellings. An Imam would be closer to a priest than would a Sheikh, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Gangsta wrote:
    not 'Moslem' btw;)
    not 'koran'

This is not the "your spelling must be corrected" forum, thanks.

jc

bonkey wrote:
    This is not the "your spelling must be corrected" forum, thanks.

jc
    Would you not be a little offended if people started spelling the Bible and Christainity wrong on purpose? Yes, this isn't "your spelling must be corrected" but these are NOT "correct legitimate alternative spellings" as pickarooney has mentioned. These are alternatives made up by the media.

Imam=Seikh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Gangsta wrote:
    Would you not be a little offended if people started spelling the Bible and Christainity wrong on purpose?

OK.....I haven't got time for this crap.

1) You've got exactly 12 hours to prove he did it on purpose, or retract the statement. Otherwise, you get an early christmas present.

2) Whether or not I would be offended has nothing to do with whether or not this forum is the place for me to do something about that.

3) You seem to have mistakenly taken my suggestion as an invitation to discuss the policy of this board. Its not.
    Yes, this isn't "your spelling must be corrected" but these are NOT "correct legitimate alternative spellings" as pickarooney has mentioned. These are alternatives made up by the media.
    I couldn't care less. This is still not the forum.

If you're offended by his usage of those terms, then either report the post, take it up with the individual via PM, or leave.

jc

i think you've just misinterpretated what I said. Calm down. I am not offended and it's not his fault that he spelled the various terms that way, it's the medias which i just wanted to point out. I didn't want to start a row over this. now let's get back to the topic at hand.

Advertisement