Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good thing ? bad thing? ASE gone?

Options
  • 15-12-2004 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Yahoo! Games expanding its online game offerings; adds GameSpot content. News, reviews, features to surface in early '05.
    screenshot
    See it »

Yahoo! Games has made steps to gain the attention of serious gamers with a number of business moves, most notably adding GameSpot content to its editorial mix.

The Web's leading online games site today announced that GameSpot content will supply Yahoo! Games users with the latest game news, reviews, and previews. Yahoo! visitors will also have access to GameSpot DLX's downloadable files such as demos, trailers, and screenshots. Yahoo! Games will showcase GameSpot content beginning in early 2005.

Yahoo! Games also announced the hiring of Patrick Ford and Thom Kozik, both from All-Seeing Eye. Inc. Ford will serve as director of video games products and Kozik will head business development. The deal will also integrate the eponymous game browser from All-Seeing Eye. All-Seeing Eye allows gamers to save buddy lists and to connect with each other when playing online multiplayer games.

Yahoo! Games is also updating its software development kit for publishers to use the new features of Yahoo! Games, such as Yahoo! Messenger integration and player matching.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/14/news_6115014.html

http://www.udpsoft.com/forum/topic.cgi?forum=2&topic=2631 ASE post on ASE forums
    /me wanders off to email ecks and saipens

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

hmm...if they start advertising, or, God forbid, they actually make you pay to use it, then Xfire here I come :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You have used this for 121 days. Do you wish to register it?
    I always select the "7 more days" option. I suppose everyone else is as well. Proberly why they went tops up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have a lifetime licence 178 buddies :/

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Nooooooo!!!! Not the end of ASE!!! ffs that sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hlsw?

• Advertisement
Advertisement