Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation for Waterford & Galway

• 15-12-2004 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Dear John,

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding ntl's Broadband Internet Service. We are planning to release Broadband throughout Galway and Waterford in 2005. Ntl will release planned dates shortly.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 321 321 or once again e-mail us on customer.support@ntl.ie

Kind regards

This pleases me. I know it's been a hot topic as of late, but that's a confirmation for both Waterford & Galway. Anyone have any inside information on the release dates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Normal NTL practise is to knock on doors in your estate after activation or ring you up after activation.

I hear the very very very first ones will be live in January 2005 but as Galway and Waterford have over 100,000 people I'll consider them live when 10,000 or more can get the service between both towns.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

I cant even get NTL cable in Oranmore GAlway, nevermind their BB.

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Muck wrote:
    Normal NTL practise is to knock on doors in your estate after activation or ring you up after activation.

I hear the very very very first ones will be live in January 2005 but as Galway and Waterford have over 100,000 people I'll consider them live when 10,000 or more can get the service between both towns.

M

January. Nice.. Well I've got NTL already. I'm not expecting january, but somewhere in the real near future would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

They are planning to switch on a small area of Waterford first on a trial basisi. This area is planned to be along Paddy Browns Road. I.E. Lismore PArk , Lisduggan etc..
    They are going to be notifying customers in the area by door to door canvassing, so i've been told. This is planned for the first two weeks in January.
    All going well, they will be letting the rest of us know when our areas are "live" by post.
    Got the info from someone who works in the call centre in Waterford, who, i have to say are being kept as much in the dark as the rest of us most of the time ;)

Advertisement