Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross-country/off road cycling in Galway

Options
  • 15-12-2004 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

Is anyone going out regularly for muddy fun in the Galway area? I'm fed up getting lost on my own and the Mountain Trail club are too disorganised. If anyone fancies meeting up some weekend and exploring uncharted trails, post a reply. I've cycled out the old rail line toward Clifden but haven't made it too far past Oughterard and explored the woods around Portumna, Barna and Moycullen. There is a serious downhill trail near me in Tuam but I don't have the bottle (or bike) to tackle it at full speed.

'c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

I'm in Galway city, have an OK hardtail and need to find somewhere to cycle and someone to cycle with. Send me a mail.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Tell us more about this downhill track in Tuam. I thought the whole area was pancake flat. Might bring the bike next time I'm down if there's something worth riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

At the far side of the village of Belclare, between there and Caherlistrane there is a forest on the side of the hill above Castle Hackett - its called Knockma. It is used by hill walkers on Sundays but is deserted otherwise and has lots of very nasty tracks and two fast downhill runs.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I've walked up there a couple of times - I'll defintely be giving it a go on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

any street or trials riders in Galway??????? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement