Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Cullen may sue the Herald

Options
  • 15-12-2004 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

its been reported that the martin cullen is talking with his legal eagles over a front page story in todays evening herald

it relates to him and PR consultant monica leech and alleged trips abroad by the 2

the minister may sue...hes says the alegations are a pile of poo

is cullen going the way of blunkett in the uk...who quit this evening over the affair with a married woman and the visa for her nanny?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

hopefully

1200 euro a day for your friend is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL you should know by now giftgrub even if the Herald had pictures of "a" Minister stuck into "a" PR Consultant they wouldn't resign. Its Ireland after all :rolleyes:

Not withstanding whether there was an affair or not this preened up fool should have gone along time ago because of the election machine fiasco (€55 million people how many hospital beds is that!), wasting taxpayers money when everytime he launches something he is surrounded by models and now paying a close political ally a pile of cash for "consultancy" work !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pancakeman

Sounds like rubbish to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I reckon Ireland should sue Martin Cullen for the 50-odd million he flushed down the toilet on a useless evoting system. The man's a moron, and I very rarely say that about politicians. Thick as sh1t.

adam

Yep Blunkett goes for £140 train pass and this twit was part of one of the most embarrassing wastages of taxpayers money in years and still has a job let alone a portfolio. There should be some form of gross misconduct clause for politicians as well to weed the chaff out like him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Will Cullen be Bertie's Mandy do you think? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

dahamsta wrote:
    I reckon Ireland should sue Martin Cullen for the 50-odd million he flushed down the toilet on a useless evoting system. The man's a moron, and I very rarely say that about politicians. Thick as sh1t.

adam

Exactly, 50 million squid down the swannie for a e-voting scheme for a population of 5 million!!!!!!!, what a f-ing joke!!!!! we don't need e-voting but Bertie does as its as easy as hell to fiddle isn't it !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

BolBill wrote:
    Exactly, 50 million squid down the swannie for a e-voting scheme for a population of 5 million!!!!!!!
    I want my €10 back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DJPJ

Didn't really see much wrong with what the Herald said - they simply stated he'd brought her with him to advise him on public relations on the trips but they only issued two press releases for seven visits... and one of those was released before the visit even took place!

Let him take legal action - it'd would make a change for him to be wasting his own money rather than the public's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There was some colourful language on Liveline yesterday about this. Involved RTE issuing a grovelling apology to Cullen et al.

• Advertisement

is cullen erm " involved with a certain pr consultant"

does anyone know for a fact

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cdebru wrote:
    is cullen erm " involved with a certain pr consultant" does anyone know for a fact
    Purely on a professional level. :D

Victor wrote:
    Purely on a professional level. :D

I presume that this is where this is heading

i heard joe duffys apology on liveline and RTEs aknowledgment that they were never invovled in a sexual relationship with each other

it will look damn silly if it is proven they were
    and it probably already looks damn silly since most people believe they are

Well considering before this came out I thought Cullen was a Buffoon anyway. It just cements my opinion that he is the worst of a bad bunch in Government.

I am still raging over the E-Voting fiasco !!!!!!

I find it interesting if its true that she went with him on seven trips but only released two press releases as DJPJ said (any links for that). I mean anyone from PR that I have met fires out a press release at the drop of a hat. I would expect if a trip was important enought to warrant a PR consultant to come along it would warrant a press release.

Lets hope this does go to the courts :)

I dont think he will sue its always a bad mistake to sue someone for telling the truth

BTW that 50million euro for the evoting machines is rising all the time as they have to be stored securely

and of course if they are ever used they will more than likely have to be modified to allow a paper trail

the guy should have been sacked
    i dont like brennan but you could see where he was coming from when an inept gob****e like cullen got his job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bond-007 wrote:
    There was some colourful language on Liveline yesterday about this. Involved RTE issuing a grovelling apology to Cullen et al.

I was listening to Liveline but as the fella who tricked his way on air started off I decided to listen to a tape until they changed topic. On Fridays prog Duffy reads out an apology to Monica Leech and Martin Cullen. The RA feed of Thursdays show is not availible. Pity! What did the fella from Cork actually say?

Mike.

he said he tought the 1200 was good value

joe said go on

he said some thing like most people dont know what she is doing
    I mean she could be sucking his cock that would be good value

joe says ah cut that line

and they go for a break

mods you can edit that if that word is not allowed

:D That'll learn me for getting bored with a topic!

Mike.

joes reaction was the best bit

then near the end of the show they said the PDs have been on and they would just like to clarify that that guy was not a member of the PDs

I tought that was funny I could imagine all these people listening to liveline thinking is that the way them PDs talk filthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

dahamsta wrote:

adam
    Good point, I'd rather see the head line "Irish people may sue Martin Cullen for gross negligence".

Make sure you don't forget this fiasco come election time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The difference is that what Blunkett did was illegal. Oh, and this is Ireland.
    gandalf wrote:
    I am still raging over the E-Voting fiasco !!!!!!

I'm raging that the DoE are still testing the very same E-Voting machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Doesn't anyone (other than the tabloids) really care whether they are an item? Surely its the money (why, how and how much) is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

what qualifications does this woman have to warrant such a salary. the leader of the country doesnt even get that, and don't members of the dail already have press officers.

daveirl wrote:
    There is no problem as such (other than being seen to be impartial) in a minister dating a contractor or state employee (after all Mary Harney married one that she had just given a €100,000/year job and Bertie paid Celia a bit for "make-up").

Now if that contract is given without a fair competition or tender, thats another matter.

Liveline played the apology to monica leech, and martin cullen again today, you would think they get over it by now

• Advertisement

he can take it out of the 50m he already owes us

Advertisement