Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

aon with axa?

Options
  • 15-12-2004 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

just got my quote in the letter box today for next years insurnace on the little virago.

strangely enough what with me now having a full license and 2 yrs ncb my prmium has gone up by about 150eu to 2325.06eu
    the strange thing is there offering the insurance thru axa now instaed of hibernian, so wen to the axasite and theres no mention of bike insurance.

anyway went over to the hibs site and got a quote of 1730eu
    what a bunch of weirdos.

guess there just going with the other crowd cos premiums are higehr means they get more commision?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭ED-209

Have you tried Carol Nash, they're alot cheaper than that bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

not yet,
    ill give them a ring tomorrow now that i have my quote from the current insurers,
    i think they told me last year i have to be over 25 though, :/

Chalk wrote:
    not yet,
    ill give them a ring tomorrow now that i have my quote from the current insurers,
    i think they told me last year i have to be over 25 though, :/

What sort of bike do you drive ??

I've been with them for a couple of years now and just turned 25 last summer.

125 virago atm
    hoping to get a bros 400 soon

2325.06eu is crazy money for a 125 !!! :eek:

I'm driving a 1978 Kawasaki Z400 and my insurance is €800. I just got my full licence there about a month ago and when I go to renew my policey with CN in June it will cost me about €300 fully comp.

• Advertisement

what age are you? and where are you based?

im 22 and in dublin so i think that adds all sorts of "dangers" to my ability to drive

Chalk wrote:
    what age are you? and where are you based?

im 22 and in dublin so i think that adds all sorts of "dangers" to my ability to drive

25 and live in Walkinstown. Got my policy for the Z400 when I was 24.

Last year I had a Yamaha TDR125 (15bhp) and insured it with CN for about €1200 as far as I can remember.

jaysus

ill give them a ring and see what happens

got a quote form CN of 1600 euro
    better but still not great imo

Chalk wrote:
    got a quote form CN of 1600 euro
    better but still not great imo

Sounds about right to be honest.

Just wait until you're about 24 and then upgrade to a bigger bike. It will be alot cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Indeed, keep your no claims growin..
    I'm 25, 5 years no claims, with Carole Nash on a Bandit 600 and it's only 800 euro a year

Advertisement