Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL stats page: worth trusting?

• 15-12-2004 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,

I'v just noticed that the figures on my Eircom DSL stats page hasn't
    changed much for 2 days. Is this worth trusting? Does Eircom really
    on this for billing or they have an internal monitoring system?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fow99

Nobody knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

dont think they have even started charging yet so i wouldnt worry.

i was a couple of gigs over my cap last month according to the site, just got billed and nothing extra.

you can download some broadband monitors, try www.download.com and they are completely accurate if yer worried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭quazzy

The monitoring of downloads is VERY acurate, although it's only updated about once a day - maybe even once every 2 days.

eircom weren't charging for the extra download because they were too busy getting the magical 100,000 BB users ( as promised to the shareholders ) before Christmas 2004 - hence all the free trials and free pcs etc etc.

They now have over 100,000 users so I would imagine they might start billing in 2005 - Be Warned

Advertisement