Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource troubles the last 48 hours, anyone else?

• 15-12-2004 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I've been disconnected 4 times over the course of writing this post...

Anyone else having problems with NEtsource over the last 48 hours? Constantly disconnects, takes about 20 retrys to reconnect, then the process repeats itself every few mins?

Tell me it's not just me?

"Tech support" is no help, keep insisting I reinstall drivers, reformat my pc, the usual....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭bminish

I am involved with 4 separate netsource lines (2x 2Mb ADSL) and (2x 512Kbs RADSL) and I have heard of no problems recently.

I am on one of the 2 Mbs ADSL lines myself and it has been as solid as a rock since it was commissioned a couple of weeks ago.

These lines are all in Mayo. I have always found their tech support people to be genuinely helpful, highly competent, and easy to work with.

Is it the ADSL connection it's self or the actual PC to modem connection that keeps going up and down?
    Has the line degraded recently?
    Have you changed anything about your telephone setup?
    Are you using Ethernet (good) or USB (bad!) ?
    Anything changed with your PC setup recently ?

.Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've just heard that the phone is the house has some serious crackling on the line, so this may be down to a line fault afterall.. lord knows how :| I'll have to get onto Eircom tomorrow....

I still stand by what I said about their Tech Supp though, I've never had a reply to an email in less then 10 days, and their phone support, while nice, doesn't seem too full of knowledge.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

FWIW, I got disconnected twice last night around 1am. No trouble today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Actually I've found Netsources tech support really good, even if they are overpriced slightly. Any problems I had were eircoms fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

I had a few PPPOE server not found issues a week ago, they lasted for an hour or so.Happens once in a blue moon.

Netsource, while a rip off, is at least as stable a f**k and I'm happy with support too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The pings fluctuate so much it's not even funny, it's impossible to have a stable game anymore :(

As I say though, this one is down to a line fault a think... so I'll lay off Netsource for a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Netsource ADSl has been going up and down randomly for the last two days for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Have had no problems at all here in Carlow, for the last week or so at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thomasb

ciaranfo wrote:
    Tell me it's not just me?

"Tech support" is no help, keep insisting I reinstall drivers, reformat my pc, the usual....

IN fairness, this is fairly standard practice - if you're having a problem connecting, there's usually three factors.

1. A problem on the ISP side (or the Eircom wholesale side).
    2. A line issue.
    3. A configuration issue (drivers etc) on the customer side.

Its easy enough to discover 1 - either your monitoring system tells you something is broken, or there's a pattern (lots of customers from the same area all stopped working). It's far more usual for it to be 3 than 2, so it's not surprising tech support people do everything they can to rule it out being something on your kit.

Advertisement